Subject Selection-Dropping IPT? (1 Viewer)

Dolfingerpie

HSC
Hi, another question on subject selection:)
This is my first year of our school doing IPT as an accelerated course, therefore I really don't know how we'll do.
I've been thinking about subject selection lately and IPT has been really bugging me
From a cohort of 9 people, the marks never change. I always come 4th no matter what we do.
I already know that IPT won't count towards my ATAR(As I'll probsly get like a band 5) and I'm doing extremely well in other subjects. I just don't get IPT. It's so confusing and I find it difficult to learn.
The reason why I want to continue and do HSC is because I want to have experience of sitting the HSC exam. I have major anxiety disorder and suffer from hedgehog dilemma and I know I'll probably have a panic attack before the HSC (happened once, don't want it again)
My question is, is it better for me to do IPT( I won't say suffer because it's not that much of a suffering) and have experience of the atmosphere of the HSC knowing I won't get a good mark, or do another subject (eg.geography always interested me and I want to do it) and drop it?
Thank you:)

blackbird_14

HSC
Hmmmm.. It really depends on your opinion. I guess it would be great to feel what the hsc is like before you do the main round of hsc assessments the year after,but since it sounds like you're not doing very well, it sounds like a waste of time. Because you aren't really motivated to do well, you won't get the proper experience of it anyway.. So there's not much point in doing it. But thats my opinion.

Perhaps comsdiering choosing another subject (psst geography is pretty good I must say)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you should do IPT, you don't like it and you clearly lack the passion for it, I don't think this is worth the time to study just for an experience of the HSC before the real thing, because to be honest, the final HSC exam is just like any other exam you do in exam condition, particularly have strong resemblance to your trial exams in year 11. I would suggest picking up geography instead-always do what you like-go with your heart-you can never go wrong:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)