Speeches in Yr 11 & 12? (1 Viewer)

Wisteria0

HSC
Oh my goodness...I hate speeches, they make my entire life miserable.
Would be nice to know if there are any speeches in Yr 11 -> 12.
I have chosen English ADV, Visual Arts and most of the HSIE subjects (Legal Studies, Ancient History, Society & Culture).
I mean, whats the point of doing them if they are not included in the HSC exams?
Sorry, I am just super paranoid and worried :(

Thanks.

sourmilk

HSC
There's a speech in Adv English and Legal (it was part of an assignment, but it was pretty informal)
I know how you feel about doing speeches since I incredibly dreaded my name being called D:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
There are speeches in ALL levels of 2 UNIT ENGLISH (ESL, Standard, Advanced). We had a speaking unit in English Extension 1 as well, but I had to record my voice and rattle on about my analysis.

Speeches are part of internal assessments, and in internal assessments, not everyone is a prodigy child in circling A/B/C/D on a piece of paper. The point of variation in assessments is to test all types of skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).

Speaking tasks is something you can not and will not avoid in English. Good luck.

blackbird_14

HSC
Really in any subject you could be forced to do an oral (speech) assessment for it, and it forms part of your internal mark. And yes, in English, a speech is definite in year 12- unfortunately for you. :(

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Ask people in the year/s above you if these subject involves speeches. It differs in every school for S&C/legal/Ancient history etc

DLMisme

HSC
You are required to do speeches in English. I suffer quite bad anxiety and the speeches were a major stress for me too, but your teachers should be willing to organise another time for you to do yours alone or with a smaller group. I have never had to do a speech for Ancient History, but that's not to say your school couldn't set an oral presentation as an assessment. If that's the case, then like English, talk to your teachers and explain to them your issue with speeches. They should allow you to do it privately earlier or later, rather than in front of the class. My teachers all understood my condition and I never had an issue being exempt from presenting in front of the class.

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I used to hate speeches but ive come to a point where i dont care what people think of how i speak or whatever. A tip: when you are speaking look around as if you are making eye contact but look at blank spaces like walls or posters and not directly at people.

lonelymoon

HSC
There's going to be speeches for english. And from my school we had to do a speech/presentation for Society & culture. I hate speeches too omg, but i recommend you getting it over and done with - so that you dont have to drag it but meh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)