Subject Selection Year 11 and 12 (1 Viewer)

Razor1231

HSC
I am planning on doing these subject next year (Year 11):

English Advanced 2 unit
Maths 3 unit
Society and Culture 2 unit
Legal Studies 2 unit
Studies of Religion 2 unit
Ancient History 2 unit or Physics 2 unit

I don't know if I should pick ancient or physics. I am interested in Ancient slightly more but I feel like I would do better at Physics. At the moment I get A's in Science without trying and am in the accelerated maths course. I am taking Society and Culture and Legal because I want to do Social Science in uni. I am also going to try and get into Extention 2 Maths in year 12.

What do you guys think would be good?
Also, anything I should know about any of the subjects mentioned?

blackbird_14

HSC
I am planning on doing these subject next year (Year 11):

English Advanced 2 unit
Maths 3 unit
Society and Culture 2 unit
Legal Studies 2 unit
Studies of Religion 2 unit
Ancient History 2 unit or Physics 2 unit

I don't know if I should pick ancient or physics. I am interested in Ancient slightly more but I feel like I would do better at Physics. At the moment I get A's in Science without trying and am in the accelerated maths course. I am taking Society and Culture and Legal because I want to do Social Science in uni. I am also going to try and get into Extention 2 Maths in year 12.

What do you guys think would be good?
Also, anything I should know about any of the subjects mentioned?
SAC (Society and Culture) has a major project attached to it in Year 12- and believe me projects are the most annoying assessment ever- because without good time management of your project, you'll be rushing everything in the last two weeks of school.

Ancient History requires a lot of memorisation of facts. So if you're not good at memorising dates and events and people's names reconsider.

Physics requires a degree of maths, although apparently it's a lot more history or something... Idk I'm sure someone else will spill the beans.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Physics is all about application of theoretical knowledge to the physical world. It's quite a hands-on (in terms of reality and practicality) subject and requires you to be able to apply concepts to different scenarios, rather than straight up rote-learning and regurgitating it all during an exam. The maths difficulty is not very high, it only requires you to plug numbers into formulas and rearrange equations. Your teacher may look at rate of change in moving about in which you wold need atleast Advanced Maths, but that's about as difficult as it gets.
In terms of skills, if your more of a rote-learner and likes to study a lot more theoretical knowledge, do Ancient.
Hence if your practical, hands-on person, then physics is the way to go

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You don't need to be that good at maths to do high school physics, as an average 3U, you only need basic 2U maths (in Year 11 anyways)

I'm not going to say jack shit about Society & Culture before I throw someone down LOL

And with what DAL said, I do pretty well in Physics by having no idea what is going on and just rote learning.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
You don't need to be that good at maths to do high school physics, as an average 3U, you only need basic 2U maths (in Year 11 anyways)

I'm not going to say jack shit about Society & Culture before I throw someone down LOL

And with what DAL said, I do pretty well in Physics by having no idea what is going on and just rote learning.
Your special

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)