Math Test- Equations and Logs, Trig and Number Plane geometry (Parabola, hyperbola) (1 Viewer)

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Hey!

I have a math test coming up on Tuesday, it's on Equations and Logs, Trig and Number Plane geometry (Parabola, hyperbola, Exponential, Circles and Cubic Curves) and I seriously need help....
Can you please give me any tips, easy shortcuts for questions, and/or any notes that you can provide,

Anything would be helpful, including revision websites...

Thank you.:haha:

calamebe

HSC
Re: Math Test- Equations and Logs, Trig and Number Plane geometry (Parabola, hyperbol

Well there's not too many shortcuts, just focus on studying for the test. Hopefully you left some harder questions in your textbook for later, do them for revision. Online, I can usually find good revision questions by typing in (topic) questions, be specific, or you might get year 11/12 trig questions where you are only looking for year 9/10 topics. I like to write down formula's and notes on a notepad, and look at them and try to remember them. Maybe use flashcards with "FORMULA FOR (THING)" on one side and the actual forumal on the other. Quizlet is a good website, though it may be hard to do formulas, and good ol' paper might be the best. One thing I NEED to do is write down common, stupid mistakes I make, such as checking answers for absolute values, and other common mistakes.

mayngo

HSC
Re: Math Test- Equations and Logs, Trig and Number Plane geometry (Parabola, hyperbol

Well there's not too many shortcuts, just focus on studying for the test. Hopefully you left some harder questions in your textbook for later, do them for revision. Online, I can usually find good revision questions by typing in (topic) questions, be specific, or you might get year 11/12 trig questions where you are only looking for year 9/10 topics. I like to write down formula's and notes on a notepad, and look at them and try to remember them. Maybe use flashcards with "FORMULA FOR (THING)" on one side and the actual forumal on the other. Quizlet is a good website, though it may be hard to do formulas, and good ol' paper might be the best. One thing I NEED to do is write down common, stupid mistakes I make, such as checking answers for absolute values, and other common mistakes.
yea that's a good idea. Just collate all the formulas and draw the types of lines (hyperbola, parabola etc.) onto a sheet of paper. I have hand written notes I browse at before a test. But lots of practice is essential for you to be confident with the content. Try looking at maths in focus or the cambridge textbook to practice some harder questions, cause usually the textbook you use in class is generally easy. good luck studying : ) Don't waste time practicing questions you could easily answer, once you understand something move onto other questions. Also you need lots of sleep before your test, don't stay up too late xd

axwe7

HSC
N/A

Thanks for the help, I got above 90% in the test, thanks a bunch!

axwe7

HSC
N/A

. Try looking at maths in focus or the cambridge textbook to practice some harder questions, cause usually the textbook you use in class is generally easy.
Yeah, okay, but for future references, where can I find the Cambridge Textbook, do I have to buy it?

By the way, I already went to look for the free version, but I couldn't find it :/

axwe7

HSC
N/A

I would assume you'd have to buy it. Although, I use the Fitzpatrick text, which is the most challenging text book IMO. If you can do those, the exam will be a breeze.
Isn't Fitzpatrick for Year 11?

Because I'm talking about Year 10... :D

Flop21

HSC

Get your textbook, look at all the chapters in your test, read each chapter making sure you understand the theory / content, do the chapter review exercise of each chapter in the test. When doing chapter reviews, if you get stuck at any question, go back to the exercise within the chapter and do a few more practice ones until you have a good understanding.

I know the maths in focus textbook has the relevant exercise next to the question in the chapter reviews which I always really liked.

And you should always give yourself 2 weeks before a test to review everything and study.

This ^ all applies to anyone in younger years as well.

psyc1011

#truth
HSC

When preparing for the test, work on foundations. Then start preparing the brain with difficult questions that apply the foundations.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

Oh yeah, I remember Logs in Year 10. Still haven't used it in Year 11 LOL

Flop21

HSC

Oh yeah, I remember Logs in Year 10. Still haven't used it in Year 11 LOL
But you will in year 12. There's a lovely topic called "logarithms and exponentials".

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

But you will in year 12. There's a lovely topic called "logarithms and exponentials".
Wooo, isn't that charming. 2U? I'm more worried about 3U LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)