Which senior mathematics course should I choose for Year 11 2016? (1 Viewer)

Jackthommy99

HSC
I am in a bit of a pickle. I am seeking to study science and law in a combined degree at university. I am currently studying 5.3 mathematics and barely passing. I know I need mathematics to get into the course.

So I pose this question, Which should I choose?

Jackthommy99

ad_321

HSC
I failed 3/4 of 5.3 Maths Exams in Year 10.

I tried a little harder Task 1/2 of Prelim, got 70%ish, Task 3 I barely studied and got 50%, but for the Prelim Exam I decided to knuckle down. Went very well.

Year 12 course so far is easy because I'm working very hard.

Lesson: harder you work, better you will go. Mathematics isn't that hard if you do the hard work. And this is using Maths in Focus...

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
you can always drop from 2U to general by the end of year 11 if you're failing... so do 2U

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Try out 2 unit Mathematics.

Are you putting enough effort into mathematics?

Maybe consider getting a tutor?

Consider using the summer holidays to consolidate the skills that will be necessary for 2 unit mathematics.

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Yeah, 2 Unit is your best option.

Even if you're struggling with it, try and put more effort in, go to some tuitions, and at the end of all that; if you feel like you just can't do it, drop down to general.

However, it is imperative that you should try 2 Unit and actually put some effort in, note that I'm not implying the fact that you don't put effort in.

Good luck.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I would say you sound very like me, in Year 10 - 11, my 2U was a solid 90 - 95% for every assessment BUT my 3U was around 70%. I would take up 3U Maths, see how it goes, it gives you more space to drop to 2U, which is super easy IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)