Maths Year 9 (1 Viewer)

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
For year 9 students that are in the advanced classes and looking to do the hardest units' in Year 12, is it a good time to learn General Maths content in year 9? I am aware at the end of the day a chunk of the General maths content doesn't overlap with Year 8-9 maths but do feel its the standard if keen students should look to push ahead.

Im trying to set out a route for a student and I believe something along the lines of Year 8= Prelim Maths General, Year 9= Maths General, Year 10=2 Unit maths, Year 11=3 Units Maths, Year 12= 4 Unit maths.

is that a good platform to set someone up for Year 12's hardest subjects?

Flop21

HSC
No that doesn't really make sense to me. Just get them through the content set by the BOSTES. If they are advanced, go ahead (e.g. year 9 in year 8 etc.).

It's extremely important to have a good foundation in the younger years. Make sure they do.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
I am a tutor for a couple of Year 9 students. I guess I am having some trouble or plan in preparing them for upper levels.

Im thinking just go off the main text books for Year 9 and 10 eg Cambridge , Oxford texts in particular.(I cant remember the author of those texts but they are books in Stage 5.1-5.3) I've also got a few study guides to go through which should be of help. I do think about 65% of the content in General Maths does cover Year 9-10 maths in a way as well.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
General Maths is no route to more advanced maths. General Maths is designed for those who are struggling in maths.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
OK after reading the posts here:

I currently have the Cambridge texts for Year 8,9,10.

Will look to get : Pearsons, Oxford, New Century , Maths Quest

Kolmias

HSC
Sorry, but that sounds like a terrible idea.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
That doesn't sound too bad tbh but not so sure about the gen maths bit. Just tutor them the important foundations from juinor years , skipping all the bs like stem leaf graphs (whatever you call them)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

si2136

HSC
N/A
I honestly don't see the point of including General Maths.

Year 9 - Yr 10 5.3
Year 10 - Ext 1 Maths Yr 11
Year 11 - Ext 1 Maths Yr 12
Year 12 - Ext 2 Maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)