How hard is MX1? (1 Viewer)

Kolmias

HSC
How difficult is MX1 compared to 2 unit?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
How difficult is MX1 compared to 2 unit?
I personally find Ext. 1 to be really easy, but it truly depends on whether or not you have an aptitude for maths and enjoy doing it. In comparison to 2U it is a fair bit harder, though I wouldn't call it 'difficult'; more like going up to 'normal' from 'easy'.

mrstripedshades

HSC
I am not the best at maths but I do it and am not really particularly troubled/worried. 2 unit is basically super easy for me though, it is extremely simple so far at least to me. Ext1 is a step up and I sometimes get hurdles/hard to understand very few things but they arent impossible to recover from. Anyway you can drop it if you find it difficult so I would take it, I feel like it will prepare you better for uni maths.

leehuan

HSC
I found Extension 1 comparatively way harder than 2U. But here's the thing. On a five star scale...

2U = 0.001 difficulty
3U = 0.02 difficulty

i.e. 20x difficulty in the easy zone.

Btw, probably wrong forum to post this in.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I found Extension 1 comparatively way harder than 2U. But here's the thing. On a five star scale...

2U = 0.001 difficulty
3U = 0.02 difficulty

ok big boi

Drsoccerball

HSC

2U = 0.001 difficulty
3U = 0.02 difficulty

Really? I thought ex 1 was significantly easier than 2u...

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
The jump between HSC 2U Maths and Maths Extension 1 isn't that big I think; at any rate, for most people it's much smaller than the jump from Maths Extension 1 to Maths Extension 2.

leehuan

HSC
Really? I thought ex 1 was significantly easier than 2u...
2U was a joke :( only hard thing in there (which wasn't even hard) was financial series applications.

Ext 1 had SHM, projectiles, permutations and binomials.

The jump between HSC 2U Maths and Maths Extension 1 isn't that big I think; at any rate, for most people it's much smaller than the jump from Maths Extension 1 to Maths Extension 2.
This is true, but I reckon it's because Ext 1 tends to builds on 2U whereas Ext 2, tends to jump to new concepts/topics.

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
2U was a joke :( only hard thing in there (which wasn't even hard) was financial series applications.

This is true, but I reckon it's because Ext 1 tends to builds on 2U whereas Ext 2, tends to jump to new concepts/topics.
Ill only have the right to comment on this if I get higher than my 2U mark for ex 1 :p

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

I agree, 2u is a mad joke like its so bad. MX1 is not hard either, probs only the motion stuff, binomials is quite easy and permutations is ok after practice.

leehuan

HSC
I agree, 2u is a mad joke like its so bad. MX1 is not hard either, probs only the motion stuff, binomials is quite easy and permutations is ok after practice.
Yeah to be fair, 3U perms got easy after practice. So did binomial theorem as well actually. But when I first started binomial proofs I was crying on the inside.

Lol. Last question of 4U this year had a bit of binomial theorem in it.

(4U perms is still gibberish to me though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)