Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Year 9 & 10 Chat Thread

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Year 9 & 10 Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by worldno17 View Post
    rip got my maths, science, english, geo etc yearlies in the next 3 days :') wish me luck yall
    Goodluck!
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Goodluck!
    thanks! how do you guys de-stress the night/morning before exams? i always get so nervous

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by worldno17 View Post
    thanks! how do you guys de-stress the night/morning before exams? i always get so nervous
    Go for a walk.

Other people like baths.
    I can barely see up and down and back again
    Despite what you believe I keep away from trouble
    If who I am today's a sign of where I'm going
    I'm ready to embrace

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Don't forget to "vote"(post) in the postal plebiscite!
    On break from site until late November.

HSC

Can anyone offer some advice about studying? I've been studying for like 3 hours a day on weekdays and 4 on weekends but I feel like I haven't retained much information. I'm mainly focusing on English, maths and science. English I'm decent at but science and maths, while I really like them, I'm not getting the grades I want (mid to high 80's). Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    Can anyone offer some advice about studying? I've been studying for like 3 hours a day on weekdays and 4 on weekends but I feel like I haven't retained much information. I'm mainly focusing on English, maths and science. English I'm decent at but science and maths, while I really like them, I'm not getting the grades I want (mid to high 80's). Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Have you been taking breaks? It's really important to take a break every once in a while - find a pattern that works for you. Browser extentions can help by reminding you to take breaks. Another thing is to hand-write notes. You're more likely remember information.

HSC

Yeah probably study less + take more breaks as year 9 and 10 are only important for maths and english (building up skills) or science to get into your year 11 subjects. However if I was you I'd study less as you've got more years to come and those study hours are normal for year 12. If you think you won't burn out then no worries keep doing it
    highshill likes this.
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by DatAtarLyfe View Post
    GUYS HELP, i think i failed my commerce exam. Am i gonna fail HSC?!
    Don't worry, it'll be fine as long as you study, trust me in year 11 and 12 its a whole new level and in year 11 you can fix up your mistakes since it is not counted towards the HSC.
    Year 11 (2017):
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology // Chemistry // Ancient History
    Year 12 (late 2017-2018)
    English Advanced // Mathematics // Physics // Biology// Ancient History

HSC

In these younger years try to enjoy them (not going to get this opportunity in the HSC for the most part). Studying should be like efficiency based - effective focused studying rather than what you seem to be doing with mass studying.

The way you should stdy for maths and science is by making a set of notes from the textbook your school has for its classes (make them like as short as possible, however detailed i..e concise). Then after this just do past papers questions from your school and THSConline and other sites. Only really have to do this in the weeks prior to exams in the lower years of high school. From this identify which areas are lacking in the subject and ask a teacher or friend to explain them
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    High Quality Advice Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post7271068
    2015 - 2U (Accelerated) (96)
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux

2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

HSC

Yeah I was taking breaks. My exams were last week and now that they're finished I've entirely just been doing homework. I haven't gotten my English marks back yet but for maths I got 89% (which was the highest mark in intermediate maths) and 85%, which may go up, for science (which was the highest mark in all of year 10). Overall, for the subjects I was trying I'm pretty proud of it. I still feel like I could have done better, especially for science since I was mainly just studying off a set of notes which wasn't a very good plan in retrospect which is why I was asking about this. My handwriting has always been pretty messy despite my best efforts to improve it so do you have any other advice?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information