Year 10 Student research project (1 Viewer)

sophieb1221

HSC
Our major assessment in year 10 science is the SRP, we have to develop a question/hypothesis and plan a good experiment to test this. We were given the assessment a week ago and so far i've got one or two ideas.
* Which type of water is the best-different brands of bottled water, tap water and rain water.
* does string length affect swing speed of a pendulum
* does the temperature of the environment affect the pH of orange juice
I really want to attempt the first experiment, although i'm not sure what exactly to test for in the waters. I was thinking maybe pH levels or chlorine level. Honestly i've got no clue what to actually do, i'm open to any suggestions at this point or any modifications to my own ideas. Anything will help.
Cheers :)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Our major assessment in year 10 science is the SRP, we have to develop a question/hypothesis and plan a good experiment to test this. We were given the assessment a week ago and so far i've got one or two ideas.
* Which type of water is the best-different brands of bottled water, tap water and rain water.
* does string length affect swing speed of a pendulum
* does the temperature of the environment affect the pH of orange juice
I really want to attempt the first experiment, although i'm not sure what exactly to test for in the waters. I was thinking maybe pH levels or chlorine level. Honestly i've got no clue what to actually do, i'm open to any suggestions at this point or any modifications to my own ideas. Anything will help.
Cheers :)
Well for the pH you could use a pool testing kit :) and compare the colours with a standard for instance water... or orange juice at 25oC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)