Chemistry/Biology
Studies of Religion 1
Business Studies

Total: 13 units
Why would you prefer to do 13 Units rather than 12 Units [No SOR]

ml125

HSC
Why would you prefer to do 13 Units rather than 12 Units [No SOR]
Depending on what type of school it is, SOR may be compulsory. I was in the same situation where I had to pick SOR1 since I go to a religious school so I had 13 units.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Depending on what type of school it is, SOR may be compulsory. I was in the same situation where I had to pick SOR1 since I go to a religious school so I had 13 units.
Why do religious schools have to do this!!!

Kolmias

HSC
This is correct. I currently go to a Catholic school so forced to do religion.

Christopher16

HSC
yea, fuck religion.

Screw this Jesus crap...

No one believes in that shit anymore - it was just written by some student for a creative story and somehow it got to where it is now...

Religion sux m8 gt rkt srub ggwp no re n00b

Kolmias

HSC
yea, fuck religion.

Screw this Jesus crap...

No one believes in that shit anymore - it was just written by some student for a creative story and somehow it got to where it is now...

Religion sux m8 gt rkt srub ggwp no re n00b
Pretty much. More of a Christian humanist then a real Christian anyway. Believe most of the Bible didn't actually occur (but is instead supposed to be viewed as an allegory), Jesus was more of a philosopher then some mythical being who came from the skys to heal the world and stuff and I don't believe in heaven and hell.

/end rant

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
This might be an unusual question but are James Ruse, North Sydney Girls, Baulkham, North Sydney boys religious schools? Is it compulsory to do it there?

si2136

HSC
N/A
This might be an unusual question but are James Ruse, North Sydney Girls, Baulkham, North Sydney boys religious schools? Is it compulsory to do it there?
None of them are religious schools, nor is it compulsory. I don't think they offer SOR.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
So are there any classes running from previous years? I must admit I wasn't too keen on studying Religion back in my high school days.
That's a pretty common sentiment tbh, would doubt they had them running very often.

Kolmias

HSC
Might do MX1, I don't know if I'm good enough at maths to do it though.

ml125

HSC
Might do MX1, I don't know if I'm good enough at maths to do it though.
Would probably be better to take it and drop it later on if you're not feeling it, instead of regretting it and not being able to pick it up again. It sort of depends though. How are your current marks in maths?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Don't bother with business studies. I'm looking to do Commerce at Uni and I despise the way that business hardly teaches you anything important, rather, is about rote learning nonsense.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Would probably be better to take it and drop it later on if you're not feeling it, instead of regretting it and not being able to pick it up again. It sort of depends though. How are your current marks in maths?
I agree with this. It's worth trying it out in prelims at least, like you have nothing to lose really

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Don't bother with business studies. I'm looking to do Commerce at Uni and I despise the way that business hardly teaches you anything important, rather, is about rote learning nonsense.
I wouldn't call it nonsense, although I agree 100% that its more towards the rote side, the information you learn is relevant to everyday life. The solid thing about business studies is, although rote, organizes itself really well syllabus wise in helping you memorize easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)