Year 10: Sending Results to the Board of Studies? (1 Viewer)

Tamama251

HSC
My teachers keep reminding us that our marks are being sent to the Board of Studies this year.

Is it really as important as they are acting it to be?

Also, what do they do with these grades?

Shuuya

HSC
Nope, it really isn't all that important unless you intend to leave school after completing year 10.

ml125

HSC
Pretty sure they don't look at your RoSA but rather place more emphasis on your HSC if you complete yr 12. If you leave school after yr 10 then you it would be important.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Schools are required to send grades to BOSTES in both Year 10 and Year 11 to form a record of school achievement for students leaving school without an HSC. If you are going to get an HSC then they aren't that important but ... some schools use the ROSA grades as a minimum to enter some courses for the HSC itself (and if you are in a large cohort then it may be that an A grade is needed to get into Extension Maths or English - other schools will use the rank or simply a mark)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lelel I remember I didn't lose a single mark in mandatory history for all of year 10 and was first by a huge margin at a pretty good school
got a B on my RoSA rip

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
It's usually just for your Record of Student Achievement, which is important if you intend on dropping out of school and going into an apprenticeship. Your employer refers to this document as proof of your academic results. However, if you finish high school these credentials are not considered in lieu of your Higher School Certificate. That said, your year 10 grade marks may decide what HSC courses you can access (e.g. Only the top 30 of the grade can do extension maths, etc.), so keep trying your best!

si2136

HSC
N/A
Dw nobody cares about the ROSA, I failed like a few subjects because I went overseas lmao

Shuuya

HSC
lelel I remember I didn't lose a single mark in mandatory history for all of year 10 and was first by a huge margin at a pretty good school
got a B on my RoSA rip
Something similar happened to me, I got an A for history on my school report but a B for RoSA ._.

Tamama251

HSC
So for example, if I was to get like an E for every single subject (as long as it doesn't affect my "dream" subjects for HSC) it doesn't matter?

RyanT7

HSC
ROSA is just a thing teachers try to make seem important, so that students don't slack off and make them believe that completing their ROSA to a high standard is important

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)