Business
Legal
SOR2

But I have many ideas to change and I just want to hear what you guys think

• General for Adv Maths
  • Modern History for Maths
  • PDHPE in there somewhere
  • Multimedia for Y11 and Drop in Y12
  • Catholic Studies/SLR for SOR2, and drop SLR for the HSC leaving 11 Units, and the non pressure of SOR2.

I'm not particularly amazing at Y10 Maths, and was planning on dropping Adv Maths for General at the start of Year 12.

What do you guys think :)

Thanks

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Please read mattstaker's thread: "Question about the maths required in . . . . . "

If you are capable of doing Adv Maths 2U, why are you even contemplating Maths General, and have many future doors shut in your face. If you are definitely not going to do a STEM type course at uni, then your choice is understandable. Else, if you can handle it: why not do 1 science and drop, say Business Studies; also, if capable do Maths Ext 1. Why choose so many lightweight subjects?

But it is a good idea you seek feedback re your selection, before it becomes set in stone.

Last edited:

Orwell

HSC
I'm doing all three of those humanities; legal, business and economics and I can say they are extremely content-based. If you don't review what you learned every night and make notes, you'll fall behind lol.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I'm currently a Y10 Student in NSW and our subject selections are due soon

I currently have the main idea for the following

Adv Maths (2U)
Adv English
Economics
Business
Legal
SOR2

• General for Adv Maths
  • Catholic Studies/SLR for SOR2, and drop SLR for the HSC leaving 11 Units, and the non pressure of SOR2.

I'm not particularly amazing at Y10 Maths, and was planning on dropping Adv Maths for General at the start of Year 12.

Thanks
If you plan on studying something that requires maths at university, you should probably not do General (if possible).

Last edited:

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
I'm currently a Y10 Student in NSW and our subject selections are due soon

I currently have the main idea for the following

Adv Maths (2U)
Adv English
Economics
Business
Legal
SOR2

• General for Adv Maths

Thanks
Give 2U maths a try; if it really doesn't work out then you can drop to General. But if you don't like maths and certainly are not going to do a STEM course at uni, then consider doing General in both years 11 and 12.

Lots of the subjects you listed (Econ, business, legal, modern, and SOR2) are humanities and require similar-ish approaches to learning (from what I've heard; but I did do SOR 2 in yr 11 so I have a bit of an idea). If you're passionate about the humanities then that's good, but if you're just picking those subjects because you think they'll be relatively easy (and because the scaling for them isn't awful), then maybe consider mixing it up by picking a science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)