Which HSC subjects should I choose? (1 Viewer)

chrisx000

HSC
I was thinking of choosing

Math Extension 1
English Extension 1
modern history
ancient history
chemistry
biology
legal studies
religion 2
modern greek continuers

Please keep in mind that the maths in compulsory as i am doing that course now. Thank you :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just go with the subjects you are most interested and perform the best in lol, there is way too many subjects in there for us to be able to advise you what to choose, if you want to choose subjects based on scaling, you can probably look up UAC tables where it has subject moderation information to get an idea of how well subjects scaled or enter same mark for each subject in an ATAR calculator. Otherwise, if you want to balance interest with scaling, it is up to you. We have no other information about your hobbies and capacities to give you adequate advice.

chrisx000

HSC
Just go with the subjects you are most interested and perform the best in lol, there is way too many subjects in there for us to be able to advise you what to choose, if you want to choose subjects based on scaling, you can probably look up UAC tables where it has subject moderation information to get an idea of how well subjects scaled or enter same mark for each subject in an ATAR calculator. Otherwise, if you want to balance interest with scaling, it is up to you. We have no other information about your hobbies and capacities to give you adequate advice.
Thank you and would you recommend modern greek, religion or legal?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you and would you recommend modern greek, religion or legal?
I don't think you got the point I was trying to make-I have no information relevant to these subjects to advise you on-whether it is your interests or capacity in these subjects

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think you should try out physics, mainly because there are some correlations between maths and physics

chrisx000

HSC
I don't think you got the point I was trying to make-I have no information relevant to these subjects to advise you on-whether it is your interests or capacity in these subjects
I got the point. I know you don't know anything about my interests or capacity in these subjects as I haven't given you any information about that. I'm am just asking in relation to scaling or if you have completed one of the courses and thought it was worthwhile.

chrisx000

HSC
I think you should try out physics, mainly because there are some correlations between maths and physics[/Q

My science teacher advised me against physics but my maths teacher said I should do it so maybe because it is a science subject I'll stay clear of it but thanks anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)