Selective Test Interview (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
So I got a consideration letter from Sydney Technical High School today and they said I have to do an interview and a task containing maths problem solving and a writing task. I was wondering, what sort of questions come in the tasks?
Also can someone please give me some tips for the interview

Much thanks

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
They ask a question compared to your grade... what grade are you in?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I had mates who did the Sydney tech exam last year. They told me for maths, they had to do 5.3 maths questions as well as some problem solving questions (i.e. ICAS, AMC, etc) and for english they had to write a newspaper/feature article about four topics (one was about Sydney tech sports, the others I can't remember)

Anyways they're more than likely going to change the exam this year so be prepared for what's coming up

Good luck :D

mkv_86

HSC
I had mates who did the Sydney tech exam last year. They told me for maths, they had to do 5.3 maths questions as well as some problem solving questions (i.e. ICAS, AMC, etc) and for english they had to write a newspaper/feature article about four topics (one was about Sydney tech sports, the others I can't remember)

Anyways they're more than likely going to change the exam this year so be prepared for what's coming up

Good luck :D
thank you so much

MouseTop

HSC
In terms of tips (info from others):
Find out about the school extracurricular activities and academia
There might be a question about how you will cope at a selective school compared to a comprehensive
Finally, don't lie to them. Tell it how it is. If you were the only person selected to attend an important conference on leadership, tell them that. But if a dozen other students did it as well, don't make it sound like you were special. Tell it how it is. Your honesty is more important during an interview than over selling yourself. Only said this because I know someone else who is overselling himself by a mile!
Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)