Year 11 subject selection (1 Viewer)

LittleMalXD

HSC
Im in year 10 currently and about to choose my subjects. Right now i'm considering doing:

Advanced English
Mathematics
Chemistry
Economics
Physics
Geography
Industrial Technology

I'm wondering if these subjects are good selections. Im doing geography because i asked some 2015 HSC students from my school and they said that the school ranks high in it and most students do really well in it. Help is much appreciated and also wondering, is a tutor necessary for maths, sciences, english etc. ?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
All good subjects except for Geography. Firstly, your other subjects scale well so no need for it, secondly, don't do something just coz you'll rank well and thirdly it's boring as heck. Apart from that, great choices! :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Im in year 10 currently and about to choose my subjects. Right now i'm considering doing:

Advanced English
Mathematics
Chemistry
Economics
Physics
Geography
Industrial Technology

I'm wondering if these subjects are good selections. Im doing geography because i asked some 2015 HSC students from my school and they said that the school ranks high in it and most students do really well in it. Help is much appreciated and also wondering, is a tutor necessary for maths, sciences, english etc. ?
m8 do 3U maths

No tutor isn't really needed for maths, science and english (unless you have a crap teacher). You just need to self learn things and then do past papers (and seek help from this site)

For english, use your english teacher to give you feedback

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I don't recommend doing 14 units in Year 11, probably stick to 12 units in Year 11 and then consider dropping down to 10 units in Year 12.

If you do end up wanting to do extension units then that's a different story altogether.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I have 14 units lol
Nothing wrong with doing 14 units, only thing is that your 10 best units will count so your effectively putting in a lot of study to subjects that may not even affect your HSC if your performing really well for 10 units already.

It might not mean much now but when you get your HSC results and realise they didn't count a full subject that you scored 95% in for example, you might be asking yourself why didn't you just drop it and then aimed for a state ranking in your other subjects.

blackbird_14

HSC
Psst do Geography- honestly it's like the easiest subject- but if you don't like memorising case studies and statistics or writing extended respones, then don't. And if you do well, scaling doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)