SDD, Drama, or Construction for Year 11 (1 Viewer)

MouseTop

HSC
Hi,

I'm in Year 10 and I've chosen these subjects for Year 11:

• 3 Unit Maths
  • Advanced English
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Economics

In Year 12 I'm planning on doing 4U Maths. I still need 1 more unit for Year 11 (and I'd rather do a 2U subject - school allows it). My choices are Drama, SDD, or Construction.

I like the practical aspect of Drama, not too sure about the theory.
I want to do SDD because it will give me some sort of information about the industry, but there's a lot of effort.
I'm interested in Construction because it seems interesting, and I can unwind.

I'd rather not put too much effort into the subject because I'm going to drop it in Year 12 anyway. So, what do you reckon I should pick? Drama, SDD, or Construction?

Cheers

Kolmias

HSC
OP, what is the subject that interests you the most?

MouseTop

HSC
OP, what is the subject that interests you the most?
I don't know. I like plays (closest thing to that is Drama). But, Construction seems pretty good as well (practical skills that i'll need).

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Drama is lots and lots of fun but the essays and log books will make you want to die

There is no relevant content in SDD about industry - it's all extremely outdated at this point, but a really easy subject to get consistent full marks in

I can't comment on construction since I haven't done it

MouseTop

HSC
Drama is lots and lots of fun but the essays and log books will make you want to die

There is no relevant content in SDD about industry - it's all extremely outdated at this point, but a really easy subject to get consistent full marks in

I can't comment on construction since I haven't done it
Sweet, how much of drama is actually acting and plays and stuff. How much of it is theory?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Sweet, how much of drama is actually acting and plays and stuff. How much of it is theory?
Assessment wise, a large portion of it is theory (essays, handing in your log books, rationale, etc.) but you do heaps of practical work in class, and if you're lucky you might get a few excursions too. :)

Class time is almost exclusively practical, so you're expected to be able to handle the essays by yourself. The actual theory content isn't too bad - mostly just elements of drama and some practitioner stuff. If you're confident with English essays you should be sweet.

MouseTop

HSC
Assessment wise, a large portion of it is theory (essays, handing in your log books, rationale, etc.) but you do heaps of practical work in class, and if you're lucky you might get a few excursions too. :)

Class time is almost exclusively practical, so you're expected to be able to handle the essays by yourself. The actual theory content isn't too bad - mostly just elements of drama and some practitioner stuff. If you're confident with English essays you should be sweet.
I'm planning on dropping it for Year 12..so grades shouldn't matter as much? More just having fun?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)