Picking 2 Unit Math - Should I drop to General? (1 Viewer)

2loseyourmind4

HSC
Hi! :wavey:

So this is my first post and I pretty much have no idea what im doing, but i really need some advice.

I am looking to do something in the field of medicine after school. I've chosen Chemistry and 2 Unit math for this, yet I am in a constant battle as to if I should change Math to general Math? Im not even sure if my school would let considering im doing chemistry but in saying this, im worried ill just average in 2 Unit, while in general, i might do better. Then again, I've never really enjoyed the general type subjects. So im quiet torn here, do something i might enjoy but slowly slip back with my grades, or do something that might be boring but hopefully get a band 6?

Just wanted your opinion, maybe from past experiences from dropping?

Last edited:

ThreeSciences

HSC
Most university courses require completion of Mathematics, so unless you want to have to take a bridging course you might wanna stick with 2U.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Medicine is extremely competitive so you have to expect that they will try and make it difficult for people to get into it. The biggest barrier is a high ATAR and you have to understand that doing 2U might allow you to get a stronger ATAR than general. That being said, if you believe you're going to flunk 2U then I recommend you try and get some confidence and motivation to do the extra study needed to smash the unit. General should be an option only if you believe you will not be putting more effort into maths in your senior years and you'd rather spend the time trying to cement a good mark in your other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)