Economics or Business Services (VET)? (1 Viewer)

kector

HSC
I need to choose between Economics or Business Services, for those that have done it, or both.

What should I do, what are the pros and cons of picking each?

Which one is more easy, useful, etc??

Thank you for any help!!

My current picks are:
Maths+Maths Ex1, Software Design, Business Studies, Visual Design(1 unit), and I have to choose between Economics & Business Services (VET course)

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Given how Economics scales, I can almost guarantee you that you'll find Business Services easier.

Consider
i) Teacher quality
ii) Have a look at textbooks or notes of the respective subject
iii) Quality of your classmates. Economics typically attracts higher performing students.
iv) Proportion of people getting band 6s,5s etc at your school (See topscores.net or ask your teacher(s)
/ check overall HSC publications/reports by the school.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What electives are you doing at the moment?
What do you want to do in the future?
What are your interests?

kector

HSC
Given how Economics scales, I can almost guarantee you that you'll find Business Services easier.

Consider
i) Teacher quality
ii) Have a look at textbooks or notes of the respective subject
iii) Quality of your classmates. Economics typically attracts higher performing students.
iv) Proportion of people getting band 6s,5s etc at your school (See topscores.net or ask your teacher(s)
/ check overall HSC publications/reports by the school.

I'm not sure which one to pick though, I want to pick a subject that would benefit me in the future. What careers does Business Services give? I might want to do a job in economics such as Stockbroker, but economics seems hard. I want to know what Business Services provides me in the future.

Last edited:

kector

HSC
What electives are you doing at the moment?
What do you want to do in the future?
What are your interests?
I am very interested in cryptocurrency and might want to pursue in some investments in the future, maybe become a stockbroker? I am very unsure of my future at the moment and what I want to do. My electives right now are Commerce and Photographer (Digital Media). I enjoy Commerce and don't mind it, but it isn't my favourite either. I hate Photography.

si2136

HSC
N/A
I am very interested in cryptocurrency and might want to pursue in some investments in the future, maybe become a stockbroker? I am very unsure of my future at the moment and what I want to do. My electives right now are Commerce and Photographer (Digital Media). I enjoy Commerce and don't mind it, but it isn't my favourite either. I hate Photography.
Haha I did both of those electives in year 9 and 10.

You're still young, so your idea of Finance and Economics is still really narrow. You should persue Economices instead of Business Services. Go look at the HSC papers and you'll realise that Economics is a lot of theory that can be readily applied in real life, whereas Business Services is more accounting/management kind of work. If you're kind of interested in both, why not Economics and Business Studies combined?

NB: You don't need a degree to do stockbroking.

kector

HSC
Haha I did both of those electives in year 9 and 10.

You're still young, so your idea of Finance and Economics is still really narrow. You should persue Economices instead of Business Services. Go look at the HSC papers and you'll realise that Economics is a lot of theory that can be readily applied in real life, whereas Business Services is more accounting/management kind of work. If you're kind of interested in both, why not Economics and Business Studies combined?

NB: You don't need a degree to do stockbroking.
I cannot do both Business Services & Economics as my school screwed me over today, I was forced to choose Visual Design. I'm not bothered going into full detail as it won't make sense lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)