Work Experience (1 Viewer)

zdf

HSC
Hey,
At the moment, I'm planning of heading down the Business/Finance career path in the future, maybe even Law. Can anyone suggest or recommend any places for work experience relevant to commerce, business, finance.

Alot of people seem to have applied for placements at science organisations or universities; most of which are centred on science and engineering but I'm not really sure of any notable places for my work field interest.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Hey,
At the moment, I'm planning of heading down the Business/Finance career path in the future, maybe even Law. Can anyone suggest or recommend any places for work experience relevant to commerce, business, finance.

Alot of people seem to have applied for placements at science organisations or universities; most of which are centred on science and engineering but I'm not really sure of any notable places for my work field interest.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
To be honest finding work experiences at those places are quite hard for a year 10 student

I would recommend applying for jobs (as in work experience) at places like Maccas, subway, Target, etc because usually they'd offer you the job straight away after 1 week of work experience (from what I heard)

zdf

HSC
Hi,
I don't really want to use my work experience opportunity at a fast food place haha. I'd prefer to use it in a firm in a place of interest in regards to my planned future career paths.. too see what it's really like. I could always apply for an actual job at Maccas, subway etc.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Hi,
I don't really want to use my work experience opportunity at a fast food place haha. I'd prefer to use it in a firm in a place of interest in regards to my planned future career paths.. too see what it's really like. I could always apply for an actual job at Maccas, subway etc.
You could try cold calling them but don't get your hopes up too high. The best "work experience" you might get at a place like that is maybe sorting some files or something.

It's great that you're thinking about your future career at this age, but there aren't many things you could offer to a company without any training or experience at all :)

fairybread

HSC
I'm only in year 10 as well but I got the reserve bank for my work experience at the end of the year. They had an application form online so I filled it in and I'm working in the audit department for a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)