Help with picking year 11 subjects! (1 Viewer)

dokyungsoo_

HSC
So i'm quite indecisive about my subjects for year 11. What I have so far is:
- Advanced English
- Advanced Maths
- Legal Studies
- Society and Culture
- Economics

I'm not sure whether to pick Ancient History or Visual Arts (Photography focused). I enjoy both subjects thoroughly, but I'm just really conflicted at this point.

If someone could also let me know the rough scaling for each of my chosen subjects, I'd be grateful :oink:

Also, can I do well in Economics if I didn't study commerce in year 9/10? I've read that it's best to choose both Economics and Business studies for preliminary years, as they tie together.

Thank you so much! :lol:

HSC
Hey there,

Sorry i can't help you regarding your scaling question, though i'm fairly certain they all scale well (i know eco does for sure) except for SAC. Irregardless of scaling, however, just study smart and you'll be rewarded.

You won't be at a disadvantage if you didn't take Commerce in years 9 and 10 for economics. You'll only do well in it if you work to the best of your ability and you have a thorough interest in it.

Yes, Eco and BST do tie in together at some points, but not a lot i don't think. From the top of my head i believe the business cycle and the impacts of troughs, recessions, peaks etc on marketing management of a business, tie both economic and business concepts together.

Just my opinion, you're doing a lot of essay heavy subs, so i would recommend maybe going with VA as it'll kind of allow you to break away from the banal -- unless of course you're willing, then go straight ahead for Ancient.

Good luck on your decision :)

Last edited:

dokyungsoo_

HSC
Hey there,

Sorry i can't help you regarding your scaling question, though i'm fairly certain they all scale well (i know eco does for sure) except for SAC. Irregardless of scaling, however, just study smart and you'll be rewarded.

You won't be at a disadvantage if you didn't take Commerce in years 9 and 10 for economics. You'll only do well in it if you work to the best of your ability and you have a thorough interest in it.

Yes, Eco and BST do tie in together at some points, but not a lot i don't think. From the top of my head i believe the business cycle and the impacts of troughs, recessions, peaks etc on marketing management of a business, tie both economic and business concepts together.

Just my opinion, you're doing a lot of essay heavy subs, so i would recommend maybe going with VA as it'll kind of allow you to break away from the banal -- unless of course you're willing, then go straight ahead for Ancient.

Good luck on your decision :)
Thank you so much! I think I will go for VA then :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)