Physics or Chemistry (1 Viewer)

zdf

HSC
Hi,
My subject selection is due tomorrow and I'm in need of urgent help.
I'm planning on doing Adv Eng, Ext Math, Business Studies, Economics, Modern History and a Science.
I take interest in neither one over the other as I am not really a science person (don't like it but don't hate it). So I need help deciding on one otherwise my other option is to take both and drop Modern History --> work hard and hopefully do good as it scales well but almost everyone has advised me to go with what I like.

So Physics or Chemistry?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe both if your school does Q2Q since Q2Q is basically chem

zdf

HSC
Maybe both if your school does Q2Q since Q2Q is basically chem
Wait what are you suggesting idk what Q2Q is.. and both? I'd have to sacrifice modern which I probably prefer more than science

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Wait what are you suggesting idk what Q2Q is.. and both? I'd have to sacrifice modern which I probably prefer more than science
Why pick even one science if you dont like it?

fairybread

HSC
my subjects for year 11 were due Monday, and I've got the same subjects as you apart from modern history. I ended up choosing chemistry but i cant help with your question

blackbird_14

HSC
If you're just filling up 12 units for Year 11 have no interest in continuing it to year 12, it doesn't really matter.

But if you're serious about taking it through, then choose whichever one interests you more. The chem syllabus for the new HSC looks much better than when I did it, much much less focus on memorisation of processes like how fuels are made from sugar cane (ergh), but there's still a bit concerning molecule shape structure and determining ions. I can't speak too much about physics as I've never done it past year 10, but its more "mathy" than chem (chem requires the quadratic formula at most, phys might have some double derivatives? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong))

Itz_Gabi

HSC

ScienceGuy99

HSC
Chemistry has a larger workload in my opinion; it requires more memorisation, commitment, and thinking/understanding. Physics is easier as there are concepts that you can easily identify and work on understanding, then that's it, you've got it down for the exam. That's for HSC Physics... I know physics at uni and in the real world it's a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)