Can anyone run through me on what exactly you did to make it to a Selective School? (1 Viewer)

Oliver Guul

HSC
At the moment, I am year 10 from a half-selective school(won't say which). I have in the past, applied for Sydney Techinal in year 7 and Caringbah High in year 8 both of which I was unsuccessful. Now with only less than a week to go until forms are due,
can anyone tell me your experience, or what you did happened, or even whats in the tests that made you get into those selective schools. I'm applying for North Sydney Boys, Caringbah and Sydney Technical. My reports are decent and I do have some outside activites such as regular community service. The things i'm worried about is, I will fail the tests as I may be unprepared for certain questions(yes i have been revising for year 10) especially english. I think maths for both tech and north is year 10 advanced maths but north might be year 11. I have not done circle geometry at school but will be in a couple of days. The english part, I have no idea on what it will be, comprehension or a writing task and my English skills are of average level. If anyone would please tell me what you did and any information of this would grealy be appreciated. Thank you!

:caffeine:

_Anonymous

HSC
Re: Can anyone run through me on what exactly you did to make it to a Selective Schoo

Just wondering, what are your grades like (what's decent)?

Oliver Guul

HSC
Re: Can anyone run through me on what exactly you did to make it to a Selective Schoo

Year 9, semester 2, A in maths, science, two electives and history I think.
This year semester 1, A in maths, three electives and PDHPE. I was really close to an A for english though :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)