Thread: Subject Selection HELP

HSC

Subject Selection HELP

Alright so I have so far decided to do: physics, chemistry, English (mandatory), Maths Extension 1. I am certain I want to do those and that leaves me with 9 units. I want a science related job in the future like: astronomer, physicist, aerospace engineer, robotics engineer. I need a few more subjects and I am really troubled which ones would be best to fill up my list. Here is what I was thinking:

Biology- related more with life and health sciences career which I don't really want to do. however it's still one of the sciences and some of the topics covered are pretty interesting and it is knowledge I can keep even if I don't want a career out of it.

Ancient history- not really related to science but it's on the list because the teacher is absolutely fantastic, best teach I've had and the topics covered are also really interesting. I am good at history, really good and I think it would get my atar up.

Investigating science- don't know much about it. it's a new subject. it seems as it would support physics and chemistry. I need more info on it though.

Information Processes and technology- on the list because most of those careers ask for computer science and that stuff. I don't love it and the teacher is not that good.

Engineering- only 1 teacher. class is usually bad. good for physics??

Which should I pick. I need 1 or 2 more. Should I do a 1 unit subject ?

HSC

Re: Subject Selection HELP

I'd probably go with either:

Biology: You said you have some interest in it and it's easier than the other sciences so you could do well in it.
    Engineering: It's related to future jobs you might pick and to your other subjects so you likely have a passion for it. "Class is usually bad" means nothing because your cohort might be way better so just treat each cohort as a new one.
    Ancient History: An enthusiastic teacher always helps you retain content and makes you more inclined to study, and also you say the topics are interesting which is good. Being good at the subject helps, this seems like a good choice for you and even you are acknowledging this.
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

Cadet
    HSC

Yeah so as Pikachu947 said, you seem to have an interest for Bio and History, these are both good options as you seem to enjoy them, if you don't enjoy IPT or Engineering and are purely picking it for future use it would advise against picking them. ( sorry i can't comment on Investigating science). I would advise picking up both subjects as ( at my school) 12 units + is necessary.

HSC

Alright, thanks for the advice. If anyone else can suggest please do.

Thread Information