PDHPE? (1 Viewer)

myopic_owl22

HSC
So I'm interested in a career in health sciences/ medicine and was encouraged to take PDHPE to help me understand basic disorders/ first aid/ community health and youth issues which would give me the upperhand in an interview. However, being a science nerd, I'd much rather fill up my units with other things.

Basically, how important is PDHPE in getting into med school? Is there anyone who's done the course, studying medicine or both who can shed some light on its value? Thanks :)

mazcry

HSC
I do pdhpe and honestly its so interesting and relates really well to med/ health sciences. It also links with bio and physics if you're planning on doing those, i dont know about you but I HATED prac and there is none in year 11 and 12 so yeah. Would recommend 10/10

ZanaG

HSC
I'm in the same position as you :) However, I'm more interested in nutritioning in health science, so PDH did not really relate to my career. However, it does tie really well with the sciences- bio an chem, and many of my friends seeking to do medicine are taking PDH. Hope that helped a little :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)