Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mazcry
  • 1 Post By ZanaG

Thread: PDHPE?

HSC

Question PDHPE?

So I'm interested in a career in health sciences/ medicine and was encouraged to take PDHPE to help me understand basic disorders/ first aid/ community health and youth issues which would give me the upperhand in an interview. However, being a science nerd, I'd much rather fill up my units with other things.

Basically, how important is PDHPE in getting into med school? Is there anyone who's done the course, studying medicine or both who can shed some light on its value? Thanks

HSC

Re: PDHPE?

I do pdhpe and honestly its so interesting and relates really well to med/ health sciences. It also links with bio and physics if you're planning on doing those, i dont know about you but I HATED prac and there is none in year 11 and 12 so yeah. Would recommend 10/10
    myopic_owl22 likes this.

HSC

Thanks! Will consider.

HSC

I'm in the same position as you However, I'm more interested in nutritioning in health science, so PDH did not really relate to my career. However, it does tie really well with the sciences- bio an chem, and many of my friends seeking to do medicine are taking PDH. Hope that helped a little
    myopic_owl22 likes this.

Thread Information