Yr 11 Subject Selections (1 Viewer)

andrew_c

HSC
Uni Grad
Looking for opinions. School requirement is to do 13u in Year 11. SOR1 compulsory (Catholic School.)

SOR II
Adv. English
Ext Maths
Physics
Economics
Music II

All of these subjects have been accepted by academic heads.

p.s ATAR aim 92+

thx

bujolover

HSC
Looking for opinions. School requirement is to do 13u in Year 11. SOR1 compulsory (Catholic School.)

SOR II
Adv. English
Ext Maths
Physics
Economics
Music II

All of these subjects have been accepted by academic heads.

p.s ATAR aim 92+

thx
English is not too bad. Just write at least one practice essay for each module and get it checked. Depending on the assessment, either memorise the essay or memorise a lot of quotes and techniques and adapt them to multiple practice essay questions to do with your topic.

Maths is good if you try to understand the work during class. Try and study ahead one topic, starting from the summer holidays. Practise a lot of past papers and past HSC questions pertaining to your topics.

Physics is hard and annoying. Just sayin'. :/

andrew_c

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like the biggest gamble for me is eco since I usually dislike high content subjects which I've heard eco contains. In saying that I do find economics interesting.

Do you think it's necessary for a maths/physics tutor? I know the physics course has removed the social science and history content by replacing it with more maths based work.

Thx for the reply!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I feel like the biggest gamble for me is eco since I usually dislike high content subjects which I've heard eco contains. In saying that I do find economics interesting.

Do you think it's necessary for a maths/physics tutor? I know the physics course has removed the social science and history content by replacing it with more maths based work.

Thx for the reply!
It's not "necessary" but it could help you understand the content and get more practice done. Also physics is high content as well but a lot of it is just understanding.

andrew_c

HSC
Uni Grad
Yea the plan for me is to study ahead and give equal attention to every subject, but, ultimately drop my worst subject at the end of term 3 next year.

andrew12678

HSC
Yea the plan for me is to study ahead and give equal attention to every subject, but, ultimately drop my worst subject at the end of term 3 next year.
4 Maths, 2 Eng, Phys, Eco :) do it and you'll probably no regret it

andrew_c

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks to all you kind people for your responses. My subjects have all been submitted and hopefully I'll achieve, :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)