Opinions on subjects (1 Viewer)

jessbestjess

HSC
N/A
Hi I'd just like to know what your opinions/experiences with the following subjects are:
English advanced
Maths + maths extension
Modern history
Chemistry
Business studies
Sor 1
I'd also like to know how these subjects scale
Any information/thoughts/opinions appreciated

HSC
Business doesn't scale well and it doesn't scale bad either. The content's straight forward and study basically consists of creating acronyms and remembering case studies.

I found Modern extremely boring and stagnant, though I suppose your enjoyment weighs heavily on the combinations of options you study. I don't know how other schools teach history, but if you're into endless piles of handouts and lots of reading, Modern is the subject for you. Also, it scales fairly well.

Like Modern, your interest in SOR would probs be determined by what religions you study. I've been in the Catholic school system since kindy, studying abrahamic religions for 13 years. Judaism and Christianity ended up being our options, which is a shame because i would've really liked to study Islam or Buddhism to freshen up the classroom. SOR's a great backup unit though since there's not a lot of content to study.

jessbestjess

HSC
N/A
Yeah I'm worried I'll dread modern ... I only chose it because economics didn't run. But the problem is that all the other subjects that run at the same time I don't have much of an interest in either (investigating science, cafs, ancient history, etc), so if I were to change modern Idk what I'd even change it to. And I like studying religion a lot, wish I could've done sor 2 but ran at the same time as extension maths. We learn (i think) about Christianity, judaism and Buddhism which I'm happy with. Thanks for answering :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)