subject selections for year 11 (1 Viewer)

briannata

HSC
Hi, i'm having trouble deciding which four subjects i should choose: biology, chemistry, environmental science, geography, music, society and culture and pdhpe, please help :)

Last edited:

shumphrey

HSC
need more info, what are you good at? what do you like? have you looked at courses (uni) that interest you and their subject requirements? Careers of interest? Please answer this so others can give better advice.

Looking at the possible subjects you seem to have science (or related) subjects available (are you interested in science?) If so pick chem as its a common requirement/ assumed knowledge for many science courses at uni.

Although not relevant to your Q what maths and english are you doing? I would recommend going at least english advanced and mathemetics-if its too hard just drop down (easier to go down than up a class).

btw, just some advice only pick subjects you like and are required for your potential uni course.

blackbird_14

HSC
Chemistry tends to be an assumed knowledge thing for quite a few courses, and it's in both uni bio and phys (not as much in phys though). Earth and Enivornmental Science and Geography I'd imagine are more similar than you think- earth goes more into the science behind the environment, whilst Geo is more about the human impact on the environment / management strategies on how to preserve ecosystems + human geography stuff.

Which music course are you doing?

Both music and society have major projects in year 12, FYI

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Also consider teacher quality and previous year cohorts performance in external HSC exams.

cherryboi

HSC
Highly recommend Chemistry. Although the exams aren't easy the content is fun and interesting to learn. Plus scales well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)