Year 10 Formal (1 Viewer)

fairybread

HSC
Okay so I don't know how many replies this will get but is year 10 formal worth it? It's all my friends have been talking about but honestly I have no interest in spending a few hours with my grade. Also they're all spending $300-600 on dresses, makeup, hair and even party buses.

So my question is whether anyone went to their year 10 formal and if you did was it worth it and if not, did you have any regrets about not going?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't go and did not regret it. I went to my year 12 one and regretted going.

It's almost about how much you spend, everyone hires limos make up, dresses/suits etc etc.

Tbh if you have nothing to do there there's no point going. My year 10 one, we just catched up in the summer break and year 12 everyone just got drunk/drugged.

fairybread

HSC
I didn't go and did not regret it. I went to my year 12 one and regretted going.

It's almost about how much you spend, everyone hires limos make up, dresses/suits etc etc.

Tbh if you have nothing to do there there's no point going. My year 10 one, we just catched up in the summer break and year 12 everyone just got drunk/drugged.
I think I'll just wait till year 12, I dont see a point in year 10 anyways

Frostguard

HSC
Yeah to be honest Year 10 Formal isn't exactly that special, I think my grade wanted one not only to 'celebrate' four years together but also to farewell those who were leaving early (which were like 5 people lol....) It's honestly just a social occasion, you don't need to go, only reason I went was because I thought it was standard and normal to attend the formal - I also for some reason thinks popularity plays in Year 10 Formal? Of 270 people in my grade, only about 150 attended and those that didn't attend were either busy or didn't care about school or is an outcast.... Hopefully in year 12, everybody goes and doesn't feel awkward because I'd hate for someone to spend 6 years in high school and not feel like they belong there :/

nannan016

HSC
N/A
I didn't actually spend so much for my year 10 one, I'm more looking forward to the year 12 one. Well, in my opinion yr10 is not so special and dresses for that formal were all cocktail dresses as my school required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairybread

HSC
I didn't actually spend so much for my year 10 one, I'm more looking forward to the year 12 one. Well, in my opinion yr10 is not so special and dresses for that formal were all cocktail dresses as my school required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My school hasn't said anything about dresses so everyone's going full length + backless dresses.

Jolteon

HSC
In my opinion, if you don't want to go and you don't mind being a little left out of formal talk with friends prior to and after the event, then you shouldn't have to force yourself. It seems like your friends will be talking about it for a while and that's also quite normal, so as long as you don't mind the hype talks, then just tell them you're not feeling it.
No pressure, there's always Year 11 and 12.

My friend didn't attend our Year 10 formal and she didn't have to experience the last minute dress/shoe/makeup shopping so there are both pros and cons, but ultimately, it's probably you or your parent's money so up to you. :)

JSensation

HSC
Dear Frostguard,
If you don't mind me asking, what school are you from? i think i know you xD

andrew12678

HSC
I actually liked Year 10 over Year 12. In Year 10 virtually everyone was excited as we were celebrating our last moments of freedom before Prelim/HSC, in Year 12 we had it after HSC and everyone was literally drained and done with life. That being said I could be biased since I had a date in Year 10 but I did not have one in Year 12 (partly because I didn't want to think about anything related to formal whilst HSC was not even over yet)

So yea, I would say have some fun for year 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)