Year 11/12 Subjects -> Opinions? Clashes? (1 Viewer)

rutilantel

HSC
Hey guys! So, I'm still currently in the process of subject selection - as I am yet to change some of the subjects I am able to do. Originally, I chose: Advanced English, Legal Studies, Drama, Entertainment Industry (VET), SOR 1, Maths Standard 2 Unit, and Photography, Digital Imaging & Video 1 Unit.

However, my legal studies clashed with entertainment, and photography was cancelled due to not enough students picking the subject. :frown2: :frown2: So I had to pick up Business Studies, and overall decided to do Entertainment over Legal after resolving my long lasting dilemma.

So now I'm doing:
- Advanced English :read:

- Business Studies :confused:
- Drama :music:
- Entertainment Industry :skip:
- SOR 1 :angel:
- Maths Standard 2 unit :hippie:

What do you guys think? Is this a good combination of subjects? And for those of you who already confirmed your subjects, did you get all your subjects that you wanted or did you get clashes as well? :read:

red152

HSC
It looks like you only have 11 units there, don't you have to do 12 at least? It looks like a fun combination. Fortunately I have no clashes between my subjects due to being in a large school. Also just out of curiosity, what do you do in entertainment?

rutilantel

HSC
Yeah, Entertainment is 3 units, which pairs up with SOR 1! So overall I have 12 units. In entertainment you learn about lighting, audio, staging and vision systems - It's primarily focused on the production/behind the scenes kind of thing. So when our school has a production, such as "Hairspray" which we had recently, those studying entertainment provide the lighting, the microphones, ensure the sound is right and the stage is set up. I'm excited as hell tbh, for both the theory and the prac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)