School Ranks (1 Viewer)

studygirl118

HSC
Hello everyone!

I have a question; Does the rank of your school play a role in determining your ATAR?

Like say your school is ranked 70th compared to 345th, does that mean you're more likely to get a higher ATAR?
I thought that your school wasn't used in ATAR calculations, but I could be wrong....
:uhoh::uhoh:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah the school isn't used in calculating your atar

Sp3ctre

HSC
I don't think it's directly used to calculate your ATAR but your internal mark is going to be scaled up more if you're in a school that's ranked higher.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I don't think it's directly used to calculate your ATAR but your internal mark is going to be scaled up more if you're in a school that's ranked higher.
The school rank is literally irrelevant to your internal and external mark. If you're first in a rank 700 school and get 100 your internal and external mark will be 100 etc as seen by the person who got 100 in english advanced and was from a school ranked 300+

Robbie M

HSC
School rank is used and it is important in moderating internal ranks Eg. First in ENGLISH ADV in Baulkham hills HS is a lot more difficult than a +300 rank school, thus it is moderated appropriately

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
School rank is used and it is important in moderating internal ranks Eg. First in ENGLISH ADV in Baulkham hills HS is a lot more difficult than a +300 rank school, thus it is moderated appropriately
It doesn't because the first in state for english was from like rank 300+ school. The only way school rank affects you is that there's more smart people in high ranked schools so you have a better chance of people boosting your assessment mark by getting really high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)