Year 11 subject "lines"? (1 Viewer)

quickoats

HSC
How are Year 11 classes timetabled at your school? At mine, they get put into sets of 6 lines, each line consisting of 2 units, so everyone does exactly 12 units. However, there are lots of subject clashes, and a lot of 1 unit "filler courses" that terminate, so that's not good :( Does any other school have this timetabling system for senior years? I go hurlstone btw...

Frostguard

HSC
In my school, everyone does 12 units in the Preliminary year, no one does accelerated courses and everyone mainly has 5/6 lines with 2-unit subjects, so basically 10 units are 5 2-unit subjects and for the Extension students, the '5th subject line' is 5A and 5B where you can choose two 1 unit subjects eg maths ext and eng ext or maths ext and business services or if you don't wanna choose any 1 unit subjects, then you can just choose another 2-unit subject such as modern history, geography etc

However in year 12, that stuff kinda goes out the window, some people do 10/11/12/13 units and the students with odd units or 10 units just have free periods, or if you have 13 units, means you have 'offline' courses where your 13 unit, usually extensions or senior science is done before school or after school, where you stay back and it feels tragic because you gotta stay back with the juniors lol
Hopefully that cleared some things up :)

red152

HSC
well our lines allow us to do 13 units... but i think some classes are in period 0 (before school) and and some are in period 7 (after school). Kinda stupid how you can only do 12 units, like what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)