Schools (1 Viewer)

zdf

HSC
hi,
I currently attend Parramatta High School and recently made it into Girraween High. My current school is ranked at approx 100 and Girraween is a consistent top 20 school.
I’m having second thoughts about moving because of the fact that I rank top 3 in all my subjects at Parramatta and I feel like I’d rank around the 50th place in Girra. Would moving and dropping down the ranks this much be better since it is a better school or am I better off staying at Parramatta where I can rank top 3

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Probably move because it won't change how you do in the HSC. Your top 3 may be equivalent to top 50 at Girraween but the highest atar in your school may be 99 and there that might be the 30th highest atar etc.

For example, James Ruse has median ATAR of like 99.1 so you might think rank 100 there is bad, but it's still like 99 atar.

I would move if I were you because you'd be more motivated to study as it's more competitive, plus if you end up ranking high you have lots of fellow classmates to rescue you in the external exam while in your school you might only have yourself or a couple people to do really well.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
hi,
I currently attend Parramatta High School and recently made it into Girraween High. My current school is ranked at approx 100 and Girraween is a consistent top 20 school.
I’m having second thoughts about moving because of the fact that I rank top 3 in all my subjects at Parramatta and I feel like I’d rank around the 50th place in Girra. Would moving and dropping down the ranks this much be better since it is a better school or am I better off staying at Parramatta where I can rank top 3
Go to giraween. Being a fifty rank there might be better than a third in current school (all the ranks stuff is balanced with how many band sixes they get). Also, being in a high ranked school will provide you more competition since the students are smarter (might also help since you will be able to study with friends who understand the content to a higher degree) and thus means you will be pushed out of your current limit at parramatta and therefore probably will improve overall as the exams are harder and student quality is better. Saying that even being at like a 100 ranked school doesn't mean your going to get a shitty ATAR (all depends on that individual student i.e. if someone is going to get a 99 ATAR in a 100 ranked school they are obviously smart and would still perform generally well at a higher ranked school)

Abiya05

HSC
hi,
Hi,
I know that this is definitely a late reply to your post, but
I'm a GHS student who'll be completing their HSC in the same year as you, and I can tell you from experience that the new students who join our school often tend to do better than some of us. I can understand that there may have been a level of confusion when you received your offer to GHS in deciding whether you wanted to change schools or not, but rest assured that if you've decided to come to GHS you've made a good choice. In reference to rankings, as it's been mentioned by others who've replied to your question, you would do better off moving to GHS and ranking 50th here, although you might realise that once you join the rest of us, you do better than 50 :). Its all about your cohort, and while ours is especially strong and competitive, studying hard and being dedicated to your work will most likely get you to where you need to be. Just know that year 11 is a clean slate for every single one of us, and we are about to undergo the same transition as you into senior school. We have great teaching staff, and access to some highly valuable resources for HSC and Prelims, so in all honesty, if you study you should do just fine.

Good Luck for next year

doggossigh

HSC
I hope your moving! I'm leaving from GHS to Baulko, but from pretty much everyone I have seen, the Parra (and other transfers) are HELLA SMART and do really well! If you are top 3 in every subject, I can't guarantee number 3 but you will easily be top 20 and probably top 10. You definitely won't be around 50 lmao! Trust me, the move will be fine! All the transfers have done really really really well and they are all so smart!

Good luck for next year, our grade is really nice :)
Have fun and enjoy your time at girra!

BienvenueAMusA

HSC
bro you should move
+ it'll be a more competitive environment, so you'll be more motivated
basically what other people said

theschoolgirl

HSC
N/A
The study environment would be much better for you if you move to Girraween High School. I'd just like to ask, was the exam abd interview hard for Girraween High School?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)