Schools. Please Help. (1 Viewer)

tsilva02

HSC
I am in year 10 and I currently frequent a below average school. I feel like I am never at my best because there’s no one that really challenges me in my year. I also don’t do much during my class time. I believe the teachers are just there to earn money, every class they just put on a movie for us to watch or basic work. The point is I am unhappy at my current school and I want to do a good performance in year 11 and 12. I have been looking for a school recently but all good schools are either selective (not accepting anyone right now) or either very expensive private schools. I have found some catholic schools but I don’t believe in god and wouldn’t feel good being part of one. I just need some advice because I am lost. Should I look for a new school? Any recommendations? Or should I stay at my one for 2 more years?

Frostguard

HSC
If you have the option to be able to move out of your school to one more competitive and populous, then by all means do it. Catholic schools also mean compulsory Studies of Religion (SOR) and since you're not really into religion, then you would be motivated/interested in the subject. Can't really recommend any schools since I don't know what suburb you're in... if you have don't have time/money/access to move to another school, then stay at your current school and make sure to come first or at least top 3 in your subjects to avoid getting scaled down which seems achievable for you since you don't find your cohort very competitive or strong. Good Luck buddy!

neobility

HSC
If you wish to stay in your school;
- Be prepared for every lesson and learn the syllabus off by heart
- Aim high ~ 95+
- Have a good study schedule + consolidating knowledge

It seems that you do not find yourself in a challenging environment. This is an issue as the mentality around you is slack and therefore you may not want to learn according to your expectations. I know that all selective schools have entry tests at the end of July each year, however most of them do not accept Y12 Students. My advice is to research partially-selective schools and consider them as they tend to have higher work ethic. Keep in mind about your current friends, teachers, subjects and interests before deciding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)