Good 5.3 Math textbook (1 Viewer)

MickeyB99

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey lads and lasses,

I graduated last year and am currently tutoring my brother in year 10 5.3 maths. Basically, I want him to be doing lots and lots of questions (the key to success in high school level math) and the signpost textbook he has is, well shit. Do you guys have any recommendations for a challenging 5.3 year 10 textbook?

doggossigh

HSC
Same ^.
Cambridge is really good with great examples, clear layout and covers syllabus well. Most selective schools I know use it too.

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
the key isn't doing lots of questions, it's doing questions for chapters you've already finished as an on-going process throughout the year :)
new century maths is good
cambridge is also good, but it jumps into harder questions super quickly, and contains heaps and heaps of worded questions. they're releasing an updated book next year I believe.

tbh, many of the 10.3 topics can be found in the year 11 2u advanced textbooks. grab a cheap copy of new senior maths (fitzpatrick), the 3u coroneos or cambridge books, and just tutor from that. as an added advantage, you can find HEAPS of exam questions from prelim/hsc trial papers for those topics too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)