Selective schools. (1 Viewer)

Makeone

HSC
I have a couple of questions:

For schools like Baulko and Girraween, how many new students do they take in for year 11?

I've gotten all A's (except History lol, missed out by 2%) in my recent Year 10 Half-Yearly report and I got mostly A's but some B's in my Year 9 Yearly report, would I be considered as a decent applicant for the schools above? Or do I have no chance of getting in?
Also, I did extras like zone athletics and fundraising for cancer.

What would a good candidate look like?

For people that moved to selective schools in Year 11, how'd you find it?

Shazzaaa

HSC
I can't say much for Baulko but I know Girraween does the HAST test, which I personally found wasn't something I could prepare for (except for the writing component). For the writing component, you can maybe practice writing expositions/essays and such - basically anything which involves arguing your point since they rarely ask for creatives (from my experience of doing the HAST twice; but who knows). I'd say your report is pretty good and will boost your chances of getting in so long as you perform well for the HAST test. Some more extracurriculars will definitely help your application too. I imagine competition for Girra is tough and lots of people apply for year 11 entry, and approx. 20 are accepted depending on availabilities and whether any current students are moving schools.

Although I didn't move to Girra, I'd say moving to a selective school encouraged me to work harder due to the increased competition and pressure as opposed to my old school. My travel time also didn't change too much so that was a bonus. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)