Are the Excel Success One HSC series worthy to buy!? (1 Viewer)

FreshFadezFlocko

HSC
N/A
Hey,
I wanted some advice from people who've succeeded in the HSC and achieved outstanding results regarding if the Excel Success One HSC is useful to use for when i'm doing past papers. I wanted to buy the Maths, Physics, Biology and Business Studies books as not only do they have all of the past papers, but they also have worked solutions of each questions. This caught my attention because as far as i'm aware that's not available on the NESA website so there is a very strong advantage to these books. I'm looking for any advice regarding this.

Last edited:

mariakery1

HSC
Based on my experience of doing HSC last year for Biology, Excel Success One HSC textbooks are very useful. However, since there are new syllabuses for the science subjects I don't recommend purchasing these books as they won't be beneficial and relevant to the new topics (for the most part).

For business studies, go for it and purchase the Excel past paper book since it's still the old syllabus. But for physics and biology, purchase instead question textbooks, such as Surfing Physics/Chemistry, Dotpoint or ATAR Notes Course topic tests (these ATAR Notes topic tests incorporate RELEVANT past questions + new questions that they make with detailed solutions, whereas Surfing Physics/Chemistry and Dotpoint have so many mistakes in calculation answers), which are all made for the new syllabus. Question textbooks are super useful since the new science syllabuses force you to APPLY your knowledge, instead of recalling them. For maths, you could do either cause past paper books will still be useful whether you're doing it in 2019 (old syllabus) or 2020 (new syllabus).

Last edited:

FreshFadezFlocko

HSC
N/A
Based on my experience of doing HSC last year for Biology, Excel Success One HSC textbooks are very useful. However, since there are new syllabuses for the science subjects I don't recommend purchasing these books as they won't be beneficial and relevant to the new topics (for the most part).

For business studies, go for it and purchase the Excel past paper book since it's still the old syllabus. But for physics and biology, purchase instead question textbooks, such as Surfing Physics/Chemistry, Dotpoint or ATAR Notes Course topic tests (these ATAR Notes topic tests incorporate RELEVANT past questions + new questions that they make with detailed solutions, whereas Surfing Physics/Chemistry and Dotpoint have so many mistakes in calculation answers), which are all made for the new syllabus. Question textbooks are super useful since the new science syllabuses force you to APPLY your knowledge, instead of recalling them. For maths, you could do either cause past paper books will still be useful whether you're doing it in 2019 (old syllabus) or 2020 (new syllabus).
Yeah, I was thinking of just getting past paper books for maths and for business studies as their syllabuses haven't changed as opposed to physics and biology. Thanks for the help.

By topic tests did you mean the ones from ATAR notes the website?

mariakery1

HSC
Yeah, I was thinking of just getting past paper books for maths and for business studies as their syllabuses haven't changed as opposed to physics and biology. Thanks for the help.

By topic tests did you mean the ones from ATAR notes the website?
Yes, the ones on the website's shop.

Last edited:

Time&moretime

HSC
I'm wondering if the Excel HSC Physics Study Guide (2019) by Mark Butler is a worthwhile buy. Has anyone here have any insights or can offer a review of this book? Thank you for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)