How much of Year 11 Content is in our HSC Exams? (1 Viewer)

mj8

HSC
I wanted to know how much year 11 content we get tested on in our HSC. And when is the ideal time to revise the year 11 content.

I do the following subjects:

Maths 2U and 3U
English Advanced & Extension 1
Chemistry
Biology
Japanese Beginners

Planning to drop Extension English and stick with 11 units for the rest of the year.
It'd be great if anyone knows how much year 11 stuff I'll be tested on based on my subjects. Thank you!

mariakery1

HSC
For maths, some of the topics in year 11 are important that you need to know for year 12. For english, I don't think anything will be tested from year 11 aside from developing your skills for the HSC. For Chemistry, it's important to know how to do calculations and the last module of year 11 is quite important since stuff like enthalpy and entropy bridge over to year 12. For biology and Japanense, I'm not sure.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
For mathematics, up to 30% of preliminary content can be tested.

Japanese, as it is a language and builds on each year I suspect you'd need to know/be on top of all preliminary content.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah when NESA says that your Yr 11 content can be tested in Yr 12 it is rather misleading. For example in 3U Maths, Parametrics is a Yr 11 topic and can be directly tested in Yr 12 but for Physics and Chemistry, the concepts in Yr 11 help build understanding for further learning in Yr 12 as opposed to being directly tested.
Best of luck c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)