How do HSC markers bother reading messy responses and still give band 5/6? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I've noticed a common trend in the samples responses for English questions and it's that band 5/6 responses are almost always messy and the lower bands have much more tidier and readable writing. Why? What do you think? Here's an example:

Band 5/6 response:

https://imgur.com/CJrvqrJ

Band 3/4 response:

https://imgur.com/1aoZJSy

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Generally band 5/6 students may have more to write than lower band students so they will obviously be rushing throughout the test to write as much as possible.

hsc markers are experienced at reading messy responses and they get $hit load of money.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you think that is messy? lol

im sure they can do it with experience and practice

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
It is messy but as someone who marks a lot of work in my chemistry tutoring I see messy handwriting but after a while you get used to being able to read it. it just has to readable no one really cares about how tidy it is

sida1049

HSC
Maybe I'm jaded, but honestly that "band 5/6" handwriting isn't that bad. I think I can easily identify at least 80% of the words instantaneously, and the remaining 20% is easily inferred from the surrounding context. You can tell that this person's handwriting is usually neat. I like it.

The "band 3/4" handwriting looks like that of a child. There are weird inconsistencies that bother me for some reason, e.g. a circle replacing a dot, the variations of "f" (in "female" vs "different"), the impotence of "r" in "bring" when the other four letters are fine, et cetera.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Ahaha that is nowhere near the level of messy writing I have seen. The dude who ranked 3rd in English for my grade literally had to read one of his essays out to a teacher when it was getting marked cause they couldn't read it on their own

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)