How to master 3d trig problems? (1 Viewer)

coroneos

For some reason I just cannot get my head around the 3d trig questions.

Can someone please give me pointers on how I can improve my ability on these problems.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by coroneos
For some reason I just cannot get my head around the 3d trig questions.

Can someone please give me pointers on how I can improve my ability on these problems.
well one tip i know is 2 draw all the triangles with the details on them....also alot of the time its better 2 use cot instead of tan.:)

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
i hate cot so much... I think its because its not a function on my calculator... >(

JuLiAaHHH

AHHHH trig sux ass, is there any shortcut to remembering all the double angle/half angle/sums and differences rules?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JuLiAaHHH
AHHHH trig sux ass, is there any shortcut to remembering all the double angle/half angle/sums and differences rules?
well if u just rem. the compound angle formulas, then u can of course derive the rest.:p

Pythagoras

For 3D trig problems, set them up like a construction on your desk using pens/pencils/rulers for the towers and buildings. On the flat page underneath your "construction", draw the North, South East West and mark in any bearings given in the question. Do this even in an exam. Don't feel self-conscious...if you see it in 3D its much easier!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Pythagoras
For 3D trig problems, set them up like a construction on your desk using pens/pencils/rulers for the towers and buildings. On the flat page underneath your "construction", draw the North, South East West and mark in any bearings given in the question. Do this even in an exam. Don't feel self-conscious...if you see it in 3D its much easier!
good idea!
and whats with the maths names cropping up everywhere - first coroneous, now pythagoras??

anyway, make sure u draw the triangle at the bottom seperately, like next to the diagram, (with all the angles drawn in) then it's easire to see what's going on down there

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Pythagoras
lol....that gives me a reason for carrying all those extra pens ... in my pencil case.:D

Affinity

HSC
actually.. you should practice without the aid..

Over97

Banned
Originally posted by JuLiAaHHH
i know a bit of a short cut for thats Sin(A+B) crap

instead of writing

Sin(A+B) = SinACosB+CosASinB
Sin(A-B) = SinACosB-CosASinB

do this

Sin(A'plus or minus'B) = SinACosB"plus or minus"CosASinB

this way you remember 2 in 1one!!!!
it also works for the other ones

be careful when u do Cos and Tan

Cos(A'PLUS or minus'B) = CosACosB"MINUS or plus"SinASinB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)