what if...? (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
my 4u marks are heaps better than my 3u marks coz i make so many stupid mistakes in 3u (as you shall discover in the thread below "stupid mistakes". 3u hates me, its got this thing against me)

so anyway, is it possible to get a band 6 in 4u and not in 3u? I heard that last year if you did 4u your 3u mark was scaled more than if you just did 3u and i also heard that this wont happen this year.

anyone know anything about this?

spice girl

magic mirror
In fact, if you get the same raw mark for both, it's easier to get band 6 in 4u because the questions are supposed to be much harder...remember 4u is scaled sky-high

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
In fact it's impossible to get band 6 in Maths Ext 2, because it doesn't exist. Band E4 does, however. :) Pedanticism is for fools, though. (did I just call myself a fool?)

so anyway, is it possible to get a band 6 in 4u and not in 3u?
Definitely.

I heard that last year if you did 4u your 3u mark was scaled more than if you just did 3u
Correct.

and i also heard that this wont happen this year.
Also correct.

Check out this thread.

Dumbarse

Laznuts are u sure taht right cause if u look on the scaling thingo there is 3Ua and 3Uc, one of which is the 4 unit kids... or was that for last year?

so are u telling me in 3 unit, my results are not at all scaled because i do 4 unit??
where does the scaling come in then??

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Dumbarse
Laznuts are u sure taht right cause if u look on the scaling thingo there is 3Ua and 3Uc, one of which is the 4 unit kids... or was that for last year?
In past years, the 3UA and 4UC courses have had the same scaling - it was only last year that they didn't.

Originally posted by Dumbarse
so are u telling me in 3 unit, my results are not at all scaled because i do 4 unit??
No, not at all. I am saying that you won't get any extra 3u scaling because you're doing 4u. You'll still get the normal 3u scaling though, as well as the normal 4u scaling for your additional component.

KingofthieF

thank god they did that! Making the system much fairer in my opinion.. cmon... how can there be different scaling scheme when we are all doing the same paper!?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)