Drop it? (1 Viewer)

jblack01

HSC
Hey
I have recently been thinking whether or not i should drop ext 1 maths. I do good in class and stuff but when it gets to the test i do crap. So far we have done 2 tests and both my marks were in the 50% range...is this bad? I mean some of the other kids in my class got 85% or something?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're doing well in class and you understand the concepts, keep it. It's probably your exam technique you need to work on - consider where you lose your marks.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you're doing well in class and you understand the concepts, keep it. It's probably your exam technique you need to work on - consider where you lose your marks.
This. You still have an entire year so work on your exam technique - do papers under exam conditions!

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This. You still have an entire yeah so work on your exam technique - do papers under exam conditions!
exactly.

When I started me accelerated maths course I was really shitty. I went epically bad in my year 12 half yearlies for both 2u and maths extension, but I'm picking the pace up a fair bit. (although I'll probably just repeat them). The way I improved was doing something for maths almost every night: doesn't matter what it is, just something that will improve your skills.

Practicing under exam conditions is another good practice that you should adapt.

thetai903

HSC
Hey
I have recently been thinking whether or not i should drop ext 1 maths. I do good in class and stuff but when it gets to the test i do crap. So far we have done 2 tests and both my marks were in the 50% range...is this bad? I mean some of the other kids in my class got 85% or something?
I think you should keep it. Not only it's a one unit back up, it helps improve your two unit as well, since Ext 1 is somewhat harder. And you still have one year to study ^^ and to catch up. Just practice practice practice and you'll be fine. Good luck

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
When the pimp's in the crib ma
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

To OP: I got 50% in one of my 3U exams in Year 11 too. And now I'm doing 4U. So stop complaining and work harder, unlike myself :).

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
IMO you shouldnt drop anything this late in the year, esp MX1 since a 50% in the trial could, with a bit of work, turn into 45/50 HSC mark, as some of my friends last year were surprised by.

curlygirl93

HSC
yea jblack dont drop it!

just do 4unit with me lol

yeah 'captainvagina' very authentic,
godd

lol 'jblack 01' don't drop it please. you'll be fine. its just like me with the normal maths tests. i just make stupid mistakes.
i wonder if you know who this is... haha you'll be able to guess.
:)

zaefr

HSC
yep agreed with evryone. its most likely exam technique. trust me i pretty much have the same problems as u
just work smart and do maths evryday, even if its just one exercise. and past papers too. dont give up :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
just talk too your techer about where u need improvement... and 50%+ is good mate, last ext test more than half my class failed, like epiclly failed

ajay098

HSC
unless u are extremeli stressed and absolutely cant handle it...dont drop it!

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Just because I like to be different, I say you should drop it. 50% is shit, you'll only get worse, etc. I am thinking about a career in motivational speaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)