Hardest ext maths topic... (1 Viewer)

isabelle101

HSC
What extension 1 maths topic do you find the hardest??? And why?

For me...I'd probably say motion...there's so much manipulation and stuff involved it's so annyoing!!

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
Well, I'm only in prelim.

Sigh, I say circles. My teacher says Parametric Representation of the Parabola should be the hardest prelim ex1 topic, but I do it with ease. Circles still gets to me, ugh ! In my exam, I lost 3 marks for not writing the complete rule. I just wrote "Alternate Segment Theorem". So pissed of @ circles.

Oh well.

isabelle101

HSC

Sigh, I say circles. My teacher says Parametric Representation of the Parabola should be the hardest prelim ex1 topic, but I do it with ease. Circles still gets to me, ugh ! In my exam, I lost 3 marks for not writing the complete rule. I just wrote "Alternate Segment Theorem". So pissed of @ circles.

Oh well.
oh that sucks...
and ur the opposite of me then, coz in prelim parametrics was hell, but circle geo was the easiest

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
Well, I'm a guy who loves process. I have a mentality that I must make a process to succeed.

Parametrics, it's just great process.

1) Get whats given
2) apply formulas according to whats given
3) delete parameters

I'm a bit brief there, but it's easy

Circles on the other hand ! WTF ! There is no process! You have to look and look and look. Then when you think you've got it, you don't ! Ahhhhhhhh !

:) <3 maths though.

Thecorey0

HSC
Well past papers seem to indicate projectile motion and to a lesser degree binomial identities as the 'harder' topics judging by their prevalency in question 7's.

However I will admit that I still have probelms with circle geometry.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Circle Geometry and Parametrics.

I think Permutations and Combinations is hard too but it's fun. circle geometry is hard + annoying.

isabelle101

HSC
circle geometry is the best!!! all you have to do is look at a picture and figure out angles and stuff...

oh yeah, permutations and combinations and probability are the ultimate WORST!!!! THEY ARE SOOO HARD!!!! i never know what i should do and when...i hate it...

K

khorne

Well, from my school, the hardest year 11 topic is Combinations + permutations...Actually, they're not hard, but sometimes there's a few tricks involved =/

Year 12 topic: Some projectile motion is hard, as well as some trig.

untouchablecuz

HSC
hmm i dont think circle geo is, 4 unit circle geo is exponentially harder

the complicated perms and combs Q's

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Oh well.
I provided solutions (hopefully correct) to 3 questions posed by norelle under "difficult circle geometry questions ' yesterday. You may find them helpful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)