CSSA 3unit paper. (1 Viewer)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Since no ones uploaded this years CSSA yet, I thought I might upload it.

O and I've also uploaded my schools trial. You have to excuse all the scribling. I like to put a circle/star wherever I think I might've made a stupid mistake.

What do you guys think is harder?

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Question 6a) of CSSA is ridiculous, that kind of question should be in question (1) of a year 11 paper. And as far as question 7 goes, I've seen questions in Maths in Focus that are more challenging.

The CSSA standard is deteriorating if you ask me, not just for maths, but all subjects. Compare it to 07 for example; I seriously enjoyed doing that paper. This years is laughable compared to that.

EDIT: Untouchablez, I'll upload the 4u tomorrow for everyone.

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
how right you are

ill try to upload the independent

it was harder i reckon

someone upload the NEAP trial

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
CSSA has really degraded, unless it wasn't that good at the first place.
The 09 MX1 paper is just ... easy.
Not to mention that it can't even beat a paper from a school ranked in 250's
This applies not only to MX1, but also Physics.
I can't evaluate the difficulty of 09 CSSA Chemistry though, since I haven't seen it.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Question 6a) of CSSA is ridiculous, that kind of question should be in question (1) of a year 11 paper. And as far as question 7 goes, I've seen questions in Maths in Focus that are more challenging.

The CSSA standard is deteriorating if you ask me, not just for maths, but all subjects. Compare it to 07 for example; I seriously enjoyed doing that paper. This years is laughable compared to that.

EDIT: Untouchablez, I'll upload the 4u tomorrow for everyone.
Are you sure that miss will print it out by tomorrow?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
CSSA Maths Ext1 papers were never particularly difficult. The CSSA Maths Ext2 papers tend to be the killer exams. However, ever since 2008 onwards they have declined in difficulty. Note that the structure of the paper changed in that year (2008) from previous conformations possibly due to different examiners.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Here's the CSSA 4 Unit paper for 2009. I was wondering if anyone could upload the 2008 CSSA paper for 3 unit?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
2009 4u CSSA is lol... on par with or slightly easier than my school's trial (a single teacher makes it). How ridiculous. For all subjects I've seen so far, CSSA < HSC in terms of difficulty (although for 4u, this can't be helped. 4u HSC is a true killer.)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
CSSA Maths Ext1 papers were never particularly difficult. The CSSA Maths Ext2 papers tend to be the killer exams. However, ever since 2008 onwards they have declined in difficulty. Note that the structure of the paper changed in that year (2008) from previous conformations possibly due to different examiners.
+1

Yer its just that people on BoS always make it seem like CSSA are epic exams and that they far exceed the difficulty of the HSC and any other school. They've got nothing, scoring well in them is not as hard as other exams. Independant for example are more worthwhile papers.

I guess people would like to "think" they're hard exams to back up their results

testingexample

HSC
May you please post the solutions to the CSSA 3U and 4u paper or the Independent 09 3U Paper.

Thank you so much!

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
2009 CSSA paper looks jokingly easy... All Q 1-7 look absolutely simple, Q8 i might have had some difficulty cause i'm not great at Circle Geometry, but would have got a few good marks out of it.

Could somone scan the 4U independent paper for us?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)