Help for projectile please!! (1 Viewer)

supermike

HSC
N/A
hi! i had trouble understanding projectile quesitions that ask u to find the velocity of projeciton. i know the pythagoras' theorem thing usually works ...
(v dot square= x dot square + y dot square ) sry for the bad reprsentation X)
now we know there is "t" in y dot while x dot is a constant, so id like to know wat value of "t" we should substitute into the equation!!
i seen a lot of examples dat just sub in 0, but sometimes its some other numbers!!

"t" = time

thanks !!!!

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
hi! i had trouble understanding projectile quesitions that ask u to find the velocity of projeciton. i know the pythagoras' theorem thing usually works ...
(v dot square= x dot square + y dot square ) sry for the bad reprsentation X)
now we know there is "t" in y dot while x dot is a constant, so id like to know wat value of "t" we should substitute into the equation!!
i seen a lot of examples dat just sub in 0, but sometimes its some other numbers!!

"t" = time

thanks !!!!
The velocity of the projectile is often not constant, therefore each value of t leads to different velocities. If you want the initial velocity, you sub in t=0, if you want the velocity 5 seconds after launch, you sub in t=5 etc. The value of t used depends on when the velocity you are after occurs.

supermike

HSC
N/A
The velocity of the projectile is often not constant, therefore each value of t leads to different velocities. If you want the initial velocity, you sub in t=0, if you want the velocity 5 seconds after launch, you sub in t=5 etc. The value of t used depends on when the velocity you are after occurs.

hey thanks Thecorey0!!! so i suppose it depends on the wording of the question if it simply asks for "velocity of projection"!?!?!?

thanks again XD

untouchablecuz

HSC
the velocity of projection is the velocity of the projectile when t=0

supermike

HSC
N/A
its a different interpretation from thecoreyo 's , but i think i get a fair idea wat to do with these questions now THANKS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)