Maths ex1 (1 Viewer)

tomp1612

HSC
Hey everyone my extension one marks throughout the year were around the sixtes and in the trial i got 85. My main question is how do you reckon I should go about studying to get an E4 for extension one

Alkanes

HSC
Just study like how you did for the trials.

D94

HSC
N/A
do people study like cause questions may be repeated?
Many questions are similar, or have the same concept with a similar approach. If you do past HSC papers, you will see.

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
I have summaries on every topic i go over those to make sure i remember the formulas and look at a few examples to see the working involved.
Also lots and lots of past papers. I do 1 a day pretty much. I'm working on speed. The quicker i can solve the problems correctly the better.

iBibah

HSC
I have summaries on every topic i go over those to make sure i remember the formulas and look at a few examples to see the working involved.
Also lots and lots of past papers. I do 1 a day pretty much. I'm working on speed. The quicker i can solve the problems correctly the better.
But going too fast can result in silly errors.

Valentino25

HSC
N/A
Ext 1 exam you only get 2 hours of time for a test thats the same length as the other 3 hour maths exams.
Yes going fast can result in silly errors, but if you practice and perfect your maths skills you shouldn't do any silly mistakes.
Hopefully you'd finish the exam maybe 5 or 10 minutes early to leave time to check back for silly mistakes anyway.

D94

HSC
N/A
Ext 1 exam you only get 2 hours of time for a test thats the same length as the other 3 hour maths exams.
Yes going fast can result in silly errors, but if you practice and perfect your maths skills you shouldn't do any silly mistakes.
Hopefully you'd finish the exam maybe 5 or 10 minutes early to leave time to check back for silly mistakes anyway.
Not really. In the old format, it was 1.43 minutes per mark for MX1 and 1.5 minutes per mark for MX2. If they were both out of 100, then MX1 would be 2 hours 23 minutes long and MX2 would be 2 hours 30 minutes long. So you only get an extra 7 minutes in MX2, likewise with normal Maths.

In the new format, it's 1.71 minutes per mark for MX1 and 1.8 minutes per mark for MX2. If they were both out of 100, MX1 would be 9 minutes shorter.

So either way, MX1 isn't a 3 hour exam put into 2 hours. For the 4U student, MX1 shouldn't be terribly difficult to complete in the 2 hours.

tomp1612

HSC
Not really. In the old format, it was 1.43 minutes per mark for MX1 and 1.5 minutes per mark for MX2. If they were both out of 100, then MX1 would be 2 hours 23 minutes long and MX2 would be 2 hours 30 minutes long. So you only get an extra 7 minutes in MX2, likewise with normal Maths.

In the new format, it's 1.71 minutes per mark for MX1 and 1.8 minutes per mark for MX2. If they were both out of 100, MX1 would be 9 minutes shorter.

So either way, MX1 isn't a 3 hour exam put into 2 hours. For the 4U student, MX1 shouldn't be terribly difficult to complete in the 2 hours.
that is true to be honest, I finished my trial in 1 hour and half and i got 83%. Obviously my downfall was silly mistakes which I couldnt see for the remaining half hour

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)