When doing circle geo questions in HSC (1 Viewer)

megaman64

HSC
Sometimes in the paper for circle geo it says Copy the diagram into your Writing Booklet, do you have to use a compass and a ruler to draw the diagram or can you just freehand it?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you can freehand the diagram nicely then why not? But I think 99% of students can't.

You can draw a decent diagram with a straight edge (preferably a set square - what's that?) and a compass(else, if you don't have one handy, you can use a simple paper clip) to draw a beautiful circle. Like handwriting, people have stopped using the old manual tools of elementary geometry.

Last edited:

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
Sometimes in the paper for circle geo it says Copy the diagram into your Writing Booklet, do you have to use a compass and a ruler to draw the diagram or can you just freehand it?
I always use a compass and a set-square.

shongaponga

HSC
You're allowed to take a curve-drawing template in with you to the HSC exams, so I always use one of them to draw my diagrams. You should be able to get one from your newsagent.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just trace it. It's pretty easy to do and it doesn't have to be perfect.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
You're allowed to take a curve-drawing template in with you to the HSC exams, so I always use one of them to draw my diagrams. You should be able to get one from your newsagent.
Learning how to draw a nice and smooth curve is a far more valuable skill because it allows for modifications according to restrictions or features.

Alkanes

HSC
Just get something circle like. E.g. round bottom of a water bottle. Lol. Did this for my trials. Not sure about HSC though :p

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Does the diagram have to be professional? Or can it just be a normal free-hand diagram that is decent

My question is does it have to contain straight lines?

HSC
You should get a ruler and a compass...

The real test is when you've proved something cyclic and drawing a circle around 4 points ;) You end up with an ellipse whose eccentricity is very very small.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC

The real test is when you've proved something cyclic and drawing a circle around 4 points ;) You end up with an ellipse whose eccentricity is very very small.
I like what you did there^^

_pikachu

HSC
Will you get penalised if you draw freehand and the marker can't understand it?

helllllo

HSC
N/A
Will you get penalised if you draw freehand and the marker can't understand it?
The HSC markers are looking for perfect circles and lines. If there is a little bump or a fade then OFCOURSE the markers wont understand. Your paper would most likely be disqualified.

jk

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Thanks mate
The HSC markers are looking for perfect circles and lines. If there is a little bump or a fade then OFCOURSE the markers wont understand. Your paper would most likely be disqualified.

jk

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC

What if my diagrams was very clear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)