Simple Harmonic Motion (1 Viewer)

posh bitch

HSC
Hi guys, i just wanted to see what everyone is doing about the simple harmoic equations.

Are you guys just going to use the formulas or do you derive them each time like i do ?

What is required in the hsc ??

please help, thanksss in advance.

Zenox

HSC
You are required to know how to derive the six equations of motion.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Hi guys, i just wanted to see what everyone is doing about the simple harmoic equations.

Are you guys just going to use the formulas or do you derive them each time like i do ?

Read the question carefully and remember

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Dont memorise any formulae except for

Just derive what you need to, also make sure you remember the basic rules of SHM
Like at end points of motion acc is maximum, velocity is zero
At centre acceleration is zero and velocity is maximum.
And symmetrical motion aswell etc etc

(You can derive the above properties but its just much more simple to state them and get on it with it)

http://phet.colorado.edu/sims/pendulum-lab/pendulum-lab_en.html

Use the simulation, although a pendulum just imagine the path of the thing stretched out on a straight line, this is what SHM is. Click Show acceleration and velocity to see the vectors which give you a really good idea about it

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
My teacher said that we should not quote this formula because it is not a standard result, and that it must be derived from a=-n^2x
I agree. But you can still use whatever method in the HSC :) like anything u want, u can use that v^2 = n^2...formula

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
But the thing is, some schools dont let u use v^2=n^2..., so u have to derive it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)