Getting "kicked" out on the FIRST day of Math EXT? (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
As of Yr 11, is it possible for one to get kicked out on the first day, if you fail to meet the requirements of Math Extension? I mean it's the first day man...their are so many topics on Math Extension that I haven't completed/learned yet ==''. What if the teacher shows if a completely different topic which I haven't learned yet? Will I get kicked out? I can definitely catch up quickly depending on the topic, but in order to do this, I need "time". Has anyone got kicked out before? Thx

Zokunu

HSC
Wtf r u srs? Why would you get kicked out...r u high?
What, so you don't get kicked out? What if your results are like really sh1t? Are the teachers still gonna let you stay their? ==''

Verify

HSC
o_O I doubt you will get kicked out on the first day. Maybe if the teacher isn't happy with your results after a few exams then I guess?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If they wanted to kick you out already they wouldn't have let you choose 3 unit in the first place or would have spoken to you about it already.

Aysce

HSC
As of Yr 11, is it possible for one to get kicked out on the first day, if you fail to meet the requirements of Math Extension? I mean it's the first day man...their are so many topics on Math Extension that I haven't completed/learned yet ==''. What if the teacher shows if a completely different topic which I haven't learned yet? Will I get kicked out? I can definitely catch up quickly depending on the topic, but in order to do this, I need "time". Has anyone got kicked out before? Thx
I highly, and i repeat, HIGHLY doubt you will be kicked out.

I've never seen an incident of anyone being kicked out, especially on the first day. It's just ludicrous.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I highly doubt that they would kick you out on the first day - why would they let you do the course to begin with if that was the case. Also, going into year 11, you are only expected to have knowledge of what you have done in maths up until year 10 - the teacher isnt going to expect you to know MX1 topics before you start.

They could possibly kick you out later though, but it is pretty uncommon and usually done to people with super low marks or those who dont put in any effort. Most often though, schools will instead "highly recommend" that an underperforming student drop out - forcing them to isnt commonplace and depends on the school.

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
year 11 is a fresh start, despite how bad you were in year 10 they wouldn't go 'by your year 10 results we have to make you drop it' - they would only do that if you were probs getting <50% in 3-5 tests throughout the year. besides the first topics they cover are just year 10 topics plus some extras so you have plenty of time to catch up :)

braintic

HSC
N/A
Five tests in three terms!! Does any school do that? (Unless you're counting both 2 and 3 unit). Don't most schools have one test per term (per level)?

tonynho

HSC
The teacher cannot kick you out, all she can do is advise that you drop the course. You cannot be "kicked" out of any course at school.

mac1996

HSC
i highly doubt it bro
your only in y11 trust me dont worry about it
your teacher might just fly through content at first, and it can be difficult to catch up at times
but when u familiarise yourself with the content, maths is the best
i know a few ppl in my class that wouldn't even have an average y11 mark of 10% for both 2 and 3u, and i have the maths coordinator as my teacher
so u wouldn't get dropped

Capt Rifle

HSC
I think it is illegal for them to do such a thing. As tonynho said, you can only be recommended to drop, then you have to fill out some form of some sort highlighting the reason and the approval of you, your parents, teacher and KLA coordinator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)