Hardest HSC year for extension 1? (1 Viewer)

wagig

HSC
Which year's HSC paper would you say was the hardest?

orcevalm

HSC
i dunno why some people say 2013 was easy so this year it would be harder as a result. i didn't find 2013 that easy

that binomial question at the end sigh

HSC
I'm screwed LOL I haven't even started revising my option. Should be okay for core though... :/ hopefully...
What about you?

AGREED. yes.

binomial always kills lol. But i think last years one was okay except for that question and one other which I can't remember ahha. Last year's projectile was straightforward though, probably going to wr3ck me this year....

m9 pls it had loan repayments. HPF was screwed.
Chem studying is going alright, it's actually quite boring going over the same things and doing past papers.

I want to do maths, but then I feel guilty of neglecting chem.

I've done "enough" maths

HSC
Does anyone have solutions to the 1997 HSC paper?

I am beginning to get annoyed as I am doing this paper without confirming my answers.

orcevalm

HSC
I'm screwed LOL I haven't even started revising my option. Should be okay for core though... :/ hopefully...
What about you?

AGREED. yes.

binomial always kills lol. But i think last years one was okay except for that question and one other which I can't remember ahha. Last year's projectile was straightforward though, probably going to wr3ck me this year....

m9 pls it had loan repayments. HPF was screwed.

yea i reckon projectile would destroy this yr

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You had no perms and combs or probability in your 4U exam.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a big chunk of Q14

mreditor16

HSC

according to my teacher, who set general maths last few years, the committee which sets each math paper has no interaction with the other committees (e.g. the people setting 3u do not communicate at all with the people setting 4u), and this allows the teacher setting one maths exam to teach other levels that year (e.g. my teacher set general maths but still taught 2u, 3u and 4u those years...) - because if a teacher (A) setting 4u had to deal with a teacher setting 3u, teacher A would know what is in the 3u paper and this would prevent him from teaching 3u, even though he is setting only 4u.

so I think it is a bit misguided to say that 3U will have a lot of perms & combs and/or probability because 4u had an absence of it...

EDIT -- This has been corrected, later in the thread, by RN and Braintic.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
4u exam also had no induction... completely mangled paper.
ftfy

The greatest and the best topic <3. It would definitely be a massive surprise if it was though, combinatorics and probability in MX1 are generally about 4-7 marks I think.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Actually I wouldn't mind if last question is a perms and combs cause then the amt of effort I put into 4U perms and combs wouldn't go to waste.

HSC
ftfy

The greatest and the best topic <3. It would definitely be a massive surprise if it was though, combinatorics and probability in MX1 are generally about 4-7 marks I think.
If they have perms and combs along with probability in a paper, max 5 marks. The paper is 70 marks total, they "need" to address most (all except one maybe) topics taught in the paper.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
If they have perms and combs along with probability in a paper, max 5 marks. The paper is 70 marks total, they "need" to address most (all except one maybe) topics taught in the paper.
Yeah pretty much.

is this what happens to perms and combs once you do 4u? :p
Not sure what you mean but I definitely like it, it's pretty simple, elegant and just plain beautiful =).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)